Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Myself and my partner were pleased to find a litter of Jamaican boas Sunday morning (3rd October).

Wasn't sure she was going to produce as started eating again after a long fast. But she did! 12 live babies, 2 dead and 7 slugs. Not bad for a first time mum.

View attachment 353943

View attachment 353944
Those are stunning, would love a pair of these, good job

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Looks like all the babies wanna piece of you...... bet if you stuck your hands in there 10 of them will come out, each attached to a finger :giggle:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all.

Lovely species. I had the fortune to work with loads when I did a stint at Jersey Zoo.
I wanted them after I helped out at London Zoo haha!

My lord sooo beautiful and congratulations such an accomplishment!!! My i ask the length and weight of adults please?
I have no idea what they weigh, I don't weigh any of my snakes as its pointless in my opinion. They are about 7/8 foot.

Looks like all the babies wanna piece of you...... bet if you stuck your hands in there 10 of them will come out, each attached to a finger :giggle:
They did do that.. haha

They should be available in future once feeding, which I have been told can take an age with this species, and also after paperwork is sorted for them as they are CITES app 1

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks all.

I wanted them after I helped out at London Zoo haha!

I have no idea what they weigh, I don't weigh any of my snakes as its pointless in my opinion. They are about 7/8 foot.

They did do that.. haha

They should be available in future once feeding, which I have been told can take an age with this species, and also after paperwork is sorted for them as they are CITES app 1
CITES UK are slow to process at the moment, expect a 2- 4 month turnaround- they're seriously under- resourced.

·
Registered
321 Posts
👏👏👏👏 Beautiful!

Shame you can’t do trades with Vanessa Crutchfield in Florida 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hopefully there are a few others with decent stock nearer by.

Great result anyway 😁

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well done fantastic species. I tried to feed one of these live for 6months solid when I volunteered at a nature Center in the midlands. I’d never seen one before or since. They also had Cuban boas like Jamaican boas on steroids. They were all epicrates years back I think.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are notoriously difficult to get feeding as babies, we will see how it goes

2,130 Posts
Excellent Tom.

Reactions: LiasisUK

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Many many moons ago, a good 25 years back, I was given a babish Epicrates striatus that had come in in a box of bananas.
It took a defrost small fuzzy a few days after I received it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Tom, how is it going with the other 6 stubborn feeders; have any more got the hint?

They really do looking cracking 😁

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
9 out of 12 have eaten something now, still using same chick scenting method. 2 of the 9 have now taken just normal defrost pinkies, those 2 will probably feature in my holdbacks in the hope that being a good feeder is somewhat genetic.

Going to try something else for the stubborn 3 left over, and if that doesn't work I will assist feed them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts