Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is Briggs, so far not having any problems with him other than he's abit shy

here is louis, this is the one im having trouble getting to eat.

i've tried feeding him live bloodworms all sizes, he ate one and bought it back up straight away, im now trying him on live daphnia. in their tank i have a large rock, which he uses as his 'house', it has a pool of water under it so ive poured them into there. hope he'll eat them

how long can newts survive without eating?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
could try chopped earthworms, chopped waxworms, daphnia are also a good choice, might just be the stress of a new home one of mine didnt eat for about 2 weeks when i got them.

they can survive a while without eating but with them being young i hope they would be eating by 2 or 3 weeks max

btw your piccys arent coming up but im on the work computer so i could just be that

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive had them 3weeks now, ive not seen him eat, hes lost alittle weight, so im going to try different foods with him, but hes still lively, enjoys basking in and out of water

my pics are hosted by imageshack, i hear some work places only let you access certain things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.