Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!! i got a new Leo (Jean) 3weeks ago and i wasnt sure if there is something wrong with one of her eyes:(when she eats meal worms its take her a little bit to see it and then she tilts her head right over to the right side then she looks for a bit then she eats it. What do you think??

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
the tilting of the head is normal mine do that. ermm, when you say long do you mean it will be crawling right past her and she will only eat in when it goes past her in a certain way?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
one of mine tilts her head a lot. I think they just find it easier to see the food object if looking out of one eye rather than 2. if you got that close up to someting and stared at it straight on it would be blurred and you'd go cross eyed probably. so I think it just helps the leo see it properly.
I have another leo who looks strsight on at the worm and them misses many times. I think he needs to adopt the head tilting method lol!!

hope this helps. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with the eye, and even if there was I'm not sure there's a lot can be done for leos with bad eye sight. as long as she doesn't seem to be squinting or acting differently I suppose.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both of you:) xx

Sometimes she will eat it in a certain way its weird cos i got another Leo (Norma) and she doesnt do this she just eats it quick lol!!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
one of mine eats in a certain way the others just scoff lol ;) sounds fine as long as the eye doesnt look sore or anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts