Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so does anyone have an address for him or a phone number/email address. Been given a link to a government claim site but need his address to get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
just to say i have been workign with that goverment site, they have had £120 off me now, and they have given up, so now i have lost £120 more.... cr*p cr*p cr*p

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RR right cheers for the heads up, doesnt seem like im ever gonna get this doh back really.

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
Money Claim Online is the way to start a claim via the county court. You file the claim and they will serve the papers to the address you give them. If the person doesnt respond you can file for a judgement by default then send bailiffs in. It is really simple and easy I used this to claim back ££££s from a high street bank so I am sure a scammer from Portsmouth isnt going to beat the syste.m

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Money Claim Online is the way to start a claim via the county court. You file the claim and they will serve the papers to the address you give them. If the person doesnt respond you can file for a judgement by default then send bailiffs in. It is really simple and easy I used this to claim back ££££s from a high street bank so I am sure a scammer from Portsmouth isnt going to beat the syste.m

Andy, people accepted offers from Jimmy and also recieved a payment from him, these could be 2 major sticking points.

By the way before people start i was until quite recently a debt collector and know quite alot about debt recovery.

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
They accepted an offer of a set amount per week/month. He has broken that agreement along with the original agreement so I would of thought that would be enough. To be honest I doubt he would even contest the claim.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i never acepted any offer to pay the money back in x amount of weeks. i told him to pay the money in full.

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
They accepted an offer of a set amount per week/month. He has broken that agreement along with the original agreement so I would of thought that would be enough. To be honest I doubt he would even contest the claim.

only possible sticking point could be the 'how much a week can you afford to pay back'.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dont really care how much he can afford as long as i get i back tbh

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
any one thinking of taking legal action, get legal cover on your house insurance (its named something like that) and then you dont have to pay legal fee's (but double check with insurance company aswell lol i dont want to be sued for writing this lol) we took a woman to court over a horse, and we won so didnt have to pay anything anyway, but if we lost the insurance would of had to pay 15,000 but we wouldnt of had to pay towards it, just thought i would mention it to save you legal fee's etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts