Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, what substrate should I use in my Phidippus Regius 'enclosure'. I've bought some Vermiculite, but should I mix with something else?
Cheers!

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Hi there, what substrate should I use in my Phidippus Regius 'enclosure'. I've bought some Vermiculite, but should I mix with something else?
Cheers!
I just used kitchen roll in the bottom of my exo. The spider only ever ventured to the floor to pounce on a cricket that had wandered to the floor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So substrate type isnt that crucial then? Want to put them in decorative small vivariums you see.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
So substrate type isnt that crucial then? Want to put them in decorative small vivariums you see.
It never did my girl any harm. I just used it so she'd be able to spot her prey easier if it fell off/climbed off the vine in her exo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Basin. Just out of curiosity, which Exo Terra do you house yours in? The 20 x 20 x 30cm? Would love to house one in an Exo Terra Habisphere but Im thinking that might be slight overkill for a small spider!

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Cheers Basin. Just out of curiosity, which Exo Terra do you house yours in? The 20 x 20 x 30cm? Would love to house one in an Exo Terra Habisphere but Im thinking that might be slight overkill for a small spider!
Yes, 20x20x30cm. I had a female and 99% of the time she stayed in her web. Only coming out to feed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope the ones I get aren't as anti social! Will invest in a small Exo Terra + hood and light I think, and just cross my fingers!
Cheers.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Hope the ones I get aren't as anti social! Will invest in a small Exo Terra + hood and light I think, and just cross my fingers!
Cheers.
Females stay within their webs and males wander around presumably looking for a female.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts