Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when my new stacks arrive I want to try and avoid a daisy chain of extention leads and wires every where, does any one use junction boxes or something similar to minimise spagettii junction ?
advice very gratefully recieved.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I had junction boxes supplied with my racks when I bought them and they certainly do help to keep things tidy, and I'm sure they're easy to knock up with a bit of electrical know-how 8)

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you, I will look in to it

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i bought 3 waterproof junction boxes from b&q for 99p..you also need some chockolate block conectors because they arent supplied with these particular junction boxes..
after that its easy, run all the wires that have mains plugs into the junction box obviously after taking all the mains plugs off.. all the brown wires go together and all the blue wires go together.. you will need a nice beefy length of mains wire to go into this junction box from a normal plug that you can plug into your timer...
obviously night time heating will have to be plugged in seperatley.. and if you want to wire stuff with thermostats in that are on the timer then you would have to wire the thermostats into the junction box and then plug the heaters / lights that normally plug into the thermostats into the thermostats as normal..
im a bit busy at the moment but i can probably throw together a diagram later... :)
OWen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts