Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Had a bit of a scare with my 2 jungles last night. The female struck at the male and latched onto him. he did the same to her and i had to prize them off each other. Total nightmare. :?

Anyone ever experienced something like this before?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are def male and female.

had them since they were both young. The female started twitching her tail and i think the male thought it was a rat or something and decided to get a bit close and the female went for him. No casualties but they will be kept seperate from now on.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
i would double check the sex's first of all, even the best make the odd mistake, the biting is a bit worrying but first guess is always going to be combat between males keep them seperate for now, failing that, was it feeding time or just after? she could have picked up the scent of rat...

S

·
0 Posts
How old are these jungles>?sounds like two males for definate to me :?

i have to say seperate them now then get them sexed properly

carpets can be hard to sex beleive me ..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will get them sexed again just to make sure.

it was just as i opened the door to feed them so i reakon that will have stimulated them. They are seperated now though just to make sure.

Thanks folks

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Have you been feeding them together?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Oh dear.

Someone I know had a similar incident with her boas a few years ago when one smelled food on the other after they had been put back in their shared tank from feeding. Another reason I wouldn't house snakes together. :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have got some pics,

i will get them posted for you all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts