Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Aww what lovely torts you have :) Great pics. Lucky you missing out on the rain and heavy winds we've got :(

·
Registered
724 Posts
Really nice torts, Youve been lucky its really cloudy up here

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tina, its been breezy, to cold for my reds to go out, but the rest have enjoyed it.

Thanks Carl, im only in donny, so not far from you, but iv had abit of sunshine here

·
Banned
3,589 Posts
Nice looking Marginateds.

How long have you had them?

Ed

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tezza hun x
Thanks Petey, shame about the tree's etc, tell mom they need chopping lol
Hi Ed iv had my sibling females nearly 3 years now.

·
Banned
3,589 Posts
How big were they when you got them?

Ed

Thanks Tezza hun x
Thanks Petey, shame about the tree's etc, tell mom they need chopping lol
Hi Ed iv had my sibling females nearly 3 years now.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:blush: bloody ell Edwado lol, 2 ticks i'll see if i can find my old memo book lol, im sure iv some old weights, measuremnts.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Ed. can only find weights from 2006 before i got them, the darker female weighed 649g and now weigh's 1031g, and the other margie weighed 657g and now weighs 1094g. their younger sibling is 2 years younger than them and is alot smaller in size.

·
Banned
3,589 Posts
So... they were about the size of the smaller one only a little bit bigger... but not much.

You should be shot... that is way too fast a growth for a marginated. They should take at least 20 years to reach adult size. At that rate they should hit adult size in about 4 or 5 years from now... that's a crime...

Very impressive size and shape. How much time do they spend indoors and out? What is the indoor setup? Do you hibernate them?

Ed

Hi Ed. can only find weights from 2006 before i got them, the darker female weighed 649g and now weigh's 1031g, and the other margie weighed 657g and now weighs 1094g. their younger sibling is 2 years younger than them and is alot smaller in size.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So... they were about the size of the smaller one only a little bit bigger... but not much.

**Quite abit bigger actauly Ed, as when i 1st bought them i was shocked to see of their sizes, when i went to see them i expected them to be quite lumpy and alot smaller in size. The smaller one NOW weighs 405g if that helps**

You should be shot... that is way too fast a growth for a marginated. They should take at least 20 years to reach adult size. At that rate they should hit adult size in about 4 or 5 years from now... that's a crime...

** Ed they are far from adult size yet, as they measure 20cms and 23cms, theyve a good 4-5 inch's to grow yet, they arent as big as you think**

Very impressive size and shape. How much time do they spend indoors and out? What is the indoor setup? Do you hibernate them?

** ALLL my hibernating tortoises are hibernated, and i will always continue to hibernate any healthy tort, they get 3 months down time in total, they spend lots of time outdoors even in dull weather as long as they are heated up first before venturing out as they have free growing weeds in their outdoor enclosure, their indoor setup isnt fancy, theres no point point as they tend to wreck everything, its simple topsoil and tiny amounts of hemp, couple of rocks to climb and fresh water given daily, they do nothing but drink compared to my others**

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks peeps
Hi Vicky i will take some tomorrow, as their lights are out now, but please remind me as i know i will forget lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts