Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stuck with the original plan and brought an emperor scorpian in the end cause I couldn't get hold of a desert hairy : (

I'm having to hide him atm cause the parents flipped out about the 4 toads i got too so I didn't have the heart to break it to them the fact that I also now have a scorp in the house so I've had to put him just out of view in between two of the snake vivs and hope that my mom doesn't find him.. : /

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Tut Tut, shame on you!
Now you have one more will surely follow!! Your going to need a big closet to hide them in!
One trick i used in my younger years was to leave a book on the particular animal i was interested in open on the kitchen table. I often found my mum reading it, kinda acted as an icebreaker!
Congrats on your first scorpion...sneak! :lol2:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
sneaky sneaky, and very well done :lol2:

Cant say i havent sneaked things into my house before lol

So congratulations on your new scorp : victory:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
ive got loads of inverts my mum doesnt know about in the house :whistling2:

but then again im 36 & live with my wife & kids :lol2:

congrats on the scorp :no1:
should have held on & got a hairy tho :bash:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I want more things with legs tbh
I've got a chili rose but I'll be getting more hopefully soon cause they're away for a couple of weeks in the summer.. :lol2:

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
congrats and good choice, I love emps :)
When they are not being pet holes they are great :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My mom found out I had him earlier, shes not happy. My brother told her :( But the good news is she just had a bit of a fit and ended it with "well I'm not moving it so it looks like its got to stay there then doesnt it"

Ah at least he now has pride of place alongside the other beasties in my room :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
:lol2: Bet its a relief now she knows, i reckon you should just tell her when you have bought something in future.
At the end of the day i reckon your mum should be thankful you have shown such interest in creepy crawlies, there are far worse things you could be into!
Whats next on the list them?!?!? :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh well, I picked up some toads today, I was only getting 2 originally but I came back with 4 and a scorp, when she found out I had 4 toads she had a fit so I was like aha yeah that other box has crickets in it.. *hides scorp*

I do usually tell her, but shes scared of all my creatures and the one time she went to hold one of my snakes it turned round and bit her so you can imagine how well that one went down:lol2: It nipped her when I was putting him into his feeding tub once before aswell

No idea what I want next, I like the look of the tail-less whip scorpians they look pretty nice, I've always wanted a mantis of some form though too, the lists endless lol I've got my eye on a couple of tarantulas too

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Its very addictive. I started by rescuing one corn snake and now have 5 snakes and lizard which are mine and i got the other half into reps by buying his first, a bosc.
We then got 1 tarantula now we have 2 and 2 on order.:blush:
Theyre like pringles you just cant stop.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh god tell me about it, :|
I've got 4 snakes, 4 lizards, a tarantula, a scorp and the turtle in my room along with various bugs etc and a few toads and frogs. Its getting a bit cramped now lol. I think that they may well kill me if I get much more, but what they dont know wont hurt them...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh and theres something making a strange squeaking noise, just thought I'd share that with you : )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tut Tut, shame on you!
Now you have one more will surely follow!! Your going to need a big closet to hide them in!
One trick i used in my younger years was to leave a book on the particular animal i was interested in open on the kitchen table. I often found my mum reading it, kinda acted as an icebreaker!
Congrats on your first scorpion...sneak! :lol2:
lol leaving a book open on the kitchen table about the exotic you want is just genious. i went and got my exotics without even asking the parents. not too happy as u can imagine... but tough s*** . absolutely love my t's and scorps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts