Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got hold of 4 tokays but dont really know much about them apart from what i been told and reading up on, they in a 4 ft fully set up viv so i know they ok with that bit, just wondered about them breeding etc and the incubation etc cos i got 1 male and 3 females, any help would b appreciated as im used to having snakes

·
Registered
262 Posts
Your first line
just got hold of 4 tokays but dont really know much about them

Suggests to me that you shouldnt have bought them yet.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Your first line
just got hold of 4 tokays but dont really know much about them

Suggests to me that you shouldnt have bought them yet.
was thinking the same exactly!

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
maybe though, they know the basics and just asking for personal added info, i did the same when jjack got his, he had rread up on them, but there is nothing like personal info from people who have them...

on the other hand, the OP might know nothing... lol

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
lol, the OP said they know the basics, such as how to house them etc...

Its normal for people to be a little worried when they first buy a rep - I know theres still questions i have about my corn snake that i got today - nothing that could harm them if not done just little bits and bobs but still

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i know the basics bout them and the food etc just them breeding i cant find much out about etc

·
Registered
516 Posts
learn too take care for them first and then look into breeding , watch your females ,if they do breed and lay eggs, be prepeared to seperate they get very huffy ,with each other , best kept in pairs , give weemix a pm she has a lot experience with these.

Aaron

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
i woudlnt even think about breeding until you have had them for a littlw while, know they are eatign etc etc..

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
im gonna put up pics of my brothers new ones...
lol!!! His name is Jimmy, and his girlfriend is willy, but she wouldnt stay still...

I have to admit, these do scare me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
As you have quite a few of them i would keep a close eye on them as they settle in. While settling in give them as much peace and quiet as they are incredibly timid creatures, once theyve settled in they will slowly become more bold, especially at night when they become very active and usually very vocal.

I would hold off feeding them for a while as this will stress them out further, just mist them a few times a day to keep the humidity nice and high, other than that id leave them alone. The temptation to fiddle with things is great at first but unless its absolutley necessary its best to leave it.

I hope your not keeping them in your bedroom!! If you are you wont be getting much sleep with all the chirping and barking that they'll be doing!! lol

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
They look really nice, never knew they were noisy lol. I have also heard they arent to handleable. If i want something nice too look at they seem very pretty little things tho :)

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
'''arent to handleable''...... understatement of the year.....

They look really nice, never knew they were noisy lol. I have also heard they arent to handleable. If i want something nice too look at they seem very pretty little things tho :)

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
theres a tame one on youtube, but the majority will rip your finger to bits quite easily:D:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well from what i know you cant handle them at all unless you fancy gettin bitten, love the pics up already mine r just more purple, whats with the misting thing i havent read that and the reptile shop i got them from never mentioned it

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
havent managed to get any of them yet, but how do u upload on here
Go to photobucket.com and set up a picture album, it’s free and doesn’t take 5 mins. Upload your pics from your computer to the album.

Under each pic there are 4 codes, highlight and copy the IMG code. And then just paste it on your thread.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts