Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought id get a new scorp the other week, so being as ive never used them and wanted to see what they were like i used Exotic-pets.com (for future ref theyre absolutely terrible:cussing:). Anyway, recieved my emp this morning, about 2 inches long and from what i can tell a female, Whats the first thing it does when i open the box to check its ok? Rushes claws held high right at me! :lol2: it flew about 2 inches out the box just trying to get me! FINALLY got it into the tank :whip: and it proceeded to run at the glass at me and stand on top of the log and rush at the tongs i was using!!!

After about half hour i figured it would be hungry due to its overnight haul and all the rest so i put 4 medium (3-4cm) black crickets in the tank (its a large tank and i wanted to give it a chance at catching one :lol2:) the next thing i see is it walking around, bang in the middle of the tank with a cricket in each claw and one in its mouth!!!

They have sent me a monster!!!! :lol2: I can tell its going to be one of those ones that is pure entertainment, ill get some pictures asap to show...:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
hahah yeah one of mine is the same mate probably w.c and absolutley mental, my emp is worse than my amorexui i would rather put the amorexui in my mouth and let it sting me 10,000 time haha

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh i'm more than happy to put here why they're bad... delivery times and communication! i ordered mine on a Thursday, It stated on site that it would be 2 working days delivery... 2 weeks later and a number of rather highly strung emails they said that the Friday doesn't class as a working day as they don't ship those days, and the 5 working days in between was "the order precessing time" Maybe im being impatient but if it said 2 weeks, id have happily waited. And the person that i was emailing regarding the issue was just plain rude, id personally never use them again...

BUT enough on that, i personally think that the emp IS the perfect starting scorpion, as long as you dont want a full blown personal relationship with it its active, entertaining and not likely to kill you in 2 hours if you have a mishap :lol2: You generally cant go wrong with the substrate and as long as it is kept above 70 degrees in temp and about 75% humidity it doesn't complain at all. Definitely one of the easier species to keep and will at least keep you ocuppied. :no1:

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh...and i paid £16.50 next day delivery by TNT and it ended up coming by royal mail special delivery :cussing::lol2:

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Devil Scorpion. Spawn of Satan. :devil:

Saying that its dug itself a nice big hole under a log and taken all 4 crickets down with it.... got a feeling i wont see it for a week now :lol2:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Thought id get a new scorp the other week, so being as ive never used them and wanted to see what they were like i used Exotic-pets.com (for future ref theyre absolutely terrible:cussing:). Anyway, recieved my emp this morning, about 2 inches long and from what i can tell a female, Whats the first thing it does when i open the box to check its ok? Rushes claws held high right at me! :lol2: it flew about 2 inches out the box just trying to get me! FINALLY got it into the tank :whip: and it proceeded to run at the glass at me and stand on top of the log and rush at the tongs i was using!!!

After about half hour i figured it would be hungry due to its overnight haul and all the rest so i put 4 medium (3-4cm) black crickets in the tank (its a large tank and i wanted to give it a chance at catching one :lol2:) the next thing i see is it walking around, bang in the middle of the tank with a cricket in each claw and one in its mouth!!!

They have sent me a monster!!!! :lol2: I can tell its going to be one of those ones that is pure entertainment, ill get some pictures asap to show...:2thumb:

:lol2::lol2::roll2::roll2:
Thats something i`d have loved to have seen, the demon scorp from hell!!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I have 3 emperor's and they are all Satan. Someone said you get the odd 1 every now and again that is a little unruly but all 3 of mine launch themselves at the glass of their tank when I just walk past to make a coffee.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last night was a classic, the girlfriend took the lid off to have a look and was like "vaaaaaaaaaaaaaughan i can't find it!" .... it was only hanging on the wire mesh in the lid in her hand wasn't it!! I'm considering selling it as a guard scorpion... or having it trained by the police :whip: lol

On a more serious note... Humidity, i'm having a real problem with the water dish, the humidity is right (about 80%)... but the water dish dries out in about 3 hours constantly, and the temperature is only about 73 degrees :cussing: And if i cover the meshing in the lid it doesn't dry out SO quickly but then all the sides of the tank steam up :censor: ... i'm at a loss, any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi Vaughan

The scorpian sounds great - really new to all of this but have just bought the exo terra waterfall and these are good at keeping the humidity up - for £20 it is not bad.

Can sympathise with your problems with exotic-pets.co.uk - ordered a mantis and some livefood from them on 13th November and still waiting for delivery despite the 10 working day limit they state on the site. Sent 3-4 messages (last one threatened to recover the money via my credit card company) before they finally contacted me yesterday to tell me that the items will be delivered some time at the beginning of next week. Not a great service but I am slightly comforted by the fact that you received the scorpian in the end - and obviously in good health.:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Vaughan

The scorpian sounds great - really new to all of this but have just bought the exo terra waterfall and these are good at keeping the humidity up - for £20 it is not bad.

Can sympathise with your problems with exotic-pets.co.uk - ordered a mantis and some livefood from them on 13th November and still waiting for delivery despite the 10 working day limit they state on the site. Sent 3-4 messages (last one threatened to recover the money via my credit card company) before they finally contacted me yesterday to tell me that the items will be delivered some time at the beginning of next week. Not a great service but I am slightly comforted by the fact that you received the scorpian in the end - and obviously in good health.:2thumb:
Might look into the exo terra waterfall, the problem is its not necessarily the humidity thats the problem, that seems fine, its the fact that the water dries up even though it its not a hot temperature... very puzzling. Ill try the waterfall all the same and see if it cures the problem.

And yes Exotic-pets are C**P

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
hahahahaha this is hilarious :D need to see pics of the demon asap!!! :D:D

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:whistling2: well iv'e got a picture...not a very good one mind, but ive hit a blonde bit of a wall....:crazy: how do i upload it?! :lol2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts