Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, well after an add on the classifides a few days ago I finally got Bob today at around 6pm.

Reptile taxi delivered him.

What an awesome little guy..will post pics asap but i broke my camera [well my dads] so its a bugger... anyway posting to ask for any unusual, less obvious tips..

havin never kept uro's before, but havin read care sheets and books etc would just like some tips that anyone deems apropriate to point out. or any observations keepers have made that arent so often published in care sheets etc.

Cheers all

·
Registered
336 Posts
congrats! cant wait to see the pics!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
yay im so glad you got him in the end! I am seriously gonna have to pay the little man a visit when im home!! piccys piccys piccys!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dead camera dead camera dead camera :)

but yes, anytime, your more than welcome.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
shouldnt have told me that!! :razz: :razz: Good luck with him!! So jealous!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he is awesome...an hour after i get him hes eating leaves out my hand :) bless

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppppp it or i'll have to come steal him!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha umn do u have our address?

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
i hav a tip, change your sig and give the poor guy a mention lol:lol2: :lol2:

sounds lovely...how long til u get a cam and some pics?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HAHA THANKS FOR THE REMINDER.

well... umn..basically its £150 to get it fixed [sony fix price for repairs] i can buy a new one for about £120 lol

I have just started a new little business and its not made any money yet cos im not open till friday :) i am a few days laet on the rent etc so nothing till the begining of Feb im afraid.

poor qaulity pics can be made available tomoz as trese's camera fone is terible but she is willing to take some and post them up.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Congrats on the newbie :-D can just imagine him arriving by taxi LOL!

Sorry about your camera - I've got a sony too and it went wrong couple months back (lens stuck) so had to go back :(

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
do you mind me asking what you paid anf for what age animal?

Good luck with the new addition. Love those guys! Great characters.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey,

aww sounds wicked, i love uromastyx, i have recently (2 in a bit weeks ago) got myself an occellated uromastyx and hes great, i call him louie and hes such a character, i have to keep handling him coz hes not used to it coz he was a captiv bred boy never a pet! but i dont mind. hehe. definately pictures soon please, ill try and post some of louie. my boy likes cabbage loads, what kinda stuff you feeding yours?

one tip, get loadsa sand, my little guy is a constant digger, i constantly get him more sand, he loves it. hes as messy little eater too!

M,xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the newbie :-D can just imagine him arriving by taxi LOL!

Sorry about your camera - I've got a sony too and it went wrong couple months back (lens stuck) so had to go back :(
yes my lens is stuck...the camera wont turn on as when it goes onthe lens goes out..it tries and doesnt move, screeches and wines then goes off and says "turn off and on again"

so its ****ed and sony charge 150 quid for all repairs regardless of big or small.

i reckon its a 5 min jobby if u know what ur doin, ill get someone to do it for me much cheaper hopefully, its my dads actually.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
do you mind me asking what you paid anf for what age animal?

Good luck with the new addition. Love those guys! Great characters.
Bob is apparently 5 years old approx.
I paid £60 for him
£50 for his viv and equipment and £30 reptile taxi

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
hey,

aww sounds wicked, i love uromastyx, i have recently (2 in a bit weeks ago) got myself an occellated uromastyx and hes great, i call him louie and hes such a character, i have to keep handling him coz hes not used to it coz he was a captiv bred boy never a pet! but i dont mind. hehe. definately pictures soon please, ill try and post some of louie. my boy likes cabbage loads, what kinda stuff you feeding yours?

one tip, get loadsa sand, my little guy is a constant digger, i constantly get him more sand, he loves it. hes as messy little eater too!

M,xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hiya.
Would love to see pics of yours, Occelatus is the smooth eared yeh?
not too familar with them, i love the ornates, i stil plan to get a pair soon.

Well... last night i offered Bob a mixture ,water cress, radachio, frissee, and a few other types he tried them all, his fav is cress aparently, i will do as i do with the beardies and give him all sorts every feed and see.

He also came with a tub of juvi iguana food which he didnt eat last night but will continue to offer it.

am going to go and buy some seeds, apparently they like sesame seeds, legumes and all other sortes i know nothing about at the moment lol... apparently its good for them so will try that also.

what u feeding yours?

and yes, i have to tinker the viv, have it basically how the previous owner had it for now though.

And yeh, lots of debates over the digging thing, still trying to get my head round it all for future keeping

·
Registered
57 Posts
my louie is about 1-1.5 years old i reckon, hes not too big, yeah its the smooth eared. i went out with a mind to get the ornate but there soo rare, i wasnt prepared to go too far to get him you see.

i feed my boy on cabbage (he loves it soo much), rocket, cress, carrots - he likes but occasionally, i give him runner beans, asparagus once and he liked it, sometimwes i give him brocoli but hes not a good lover of that - who is?!! hah. i did fancy trying some iguana diet pellets, are theyt good for themn, does yours eat it?

are you going to try to breed yours? im waiting and am planning too, they dont sexually mature til about 4 or 5 years tho!

im working on getting a phot or two, ivew got a lopt going on at the mo tho!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi.
yeh he had some juvi iguana pellets im not gona give them often though but i gave him some just now and he ate them up.

HE has been really active today, climbing al over me and trese, wanting so much attention.
im not sure if its normal :S
HE IS 5 year old apparently so yes i do intend to get him a partner, need to make 100% sure of sex also although i trust what ive been told.

A shop not too far from me has some ornates, 190 quid each i think... they had them last year anyway and they had been there a little while, lovely things.

Uros rock..UNFORTUNETLY he seems to prefer my gf trese... proly cos his previous keeper was female, he was the only rep etc so hes prolly quite a mummys boy... oh well..he likes me too but not as much by the looks of it..thankfully trese adores him just as i do so its ok.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
i have a uromastyx ocellatus ocellatus love him to bits hes coming up to 4.5 yrs old now i think.(rough guess as he is wc).great characters as some1 else said.he loves the flowers from our hibiscus plant..also loves to tear up cress and gets his collard greens occasionally give him the odd wax worm and he has been known to take the head off the odd locust(dont ask me why but he only eats the heads) leaves the body wiggling in the sand lol.
he loves jumping from shelf to shelf and also loves his sand. heres some pics (if i can get this this to work lol)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts