Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have just got back form from my reptile meeting to find out that my felmale royal is a male which is a bit upsetting but i wanted a pair anyway and its better having a male than getting another male and have two i guess, sorry about this pointless thread just thought i would tell you lot anyway.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i no and i am glad i now no 100%, it was quite interesting and being shown how to do it even that i dont want to try at least till i am shown a few more times, it shows you really dont no untill it is sexed and sexing by eye is not good enough

·
Registered
163 Posts
True, I mean you can have a rough guess but half the time you'll find its wrong lol. I'd be worried to do it incase I hurt the snake tbh but if I was shown properly then it would help loads

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah well i found it a bit hard to watch as it was my be loved snakey but i think if any1 is wanting to breed they must get them sexed and not just go by i, as well as some snakes dont get on if they are both males so you could be risking it

·
Registered
163 Posts
True, I want to breed mine but s/hes really snappy so I'll definatly have to find out before making any decisions lol

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well find some1 to sex them who you dont really like and let your snake bite them lol, just go and get them sexed and if you cant watch then dont, but let me no the out come

·
Registered
163 Posts
:lol2: I'll probably ask at the pet shop where I got him, or if not I can probably find someone pretty locally to do it

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
It's amazing how often that happens.

If I didn't have two female royals myself (one of whom is probed-female, one of whom is about-to-lay-eggs-female lodging with me) I would have thought they're a myth... out of four "female" royals we bought, three turned out to be male.

·
Registered
373 Posts
or you could find out like i did when he got his doofers out round my ring:blush::whistling2:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i am just glad i have not got another one as i would of had two males which is pointless really i think i would prefer two females than two males

1 - 12 of 12 Posts