Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right just had another royal bought to me and on close inspection his/hers eyes are dented and looking at it i would say its a collection of eye caps but as ive never come across the problem before whats the best way to fix it as its the eyes im not wanting to damage them ?

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
right just had another royal bought to me and on close inspection his/hers eyes are dented and looking at it i would say its a collection of eye caps but as ive never come across the problem before whats the best way to fix it as its the eyes im not wanting to damage them ?
Give it a soak in a luke warm bath, gently try massaging the eye caps but be very careful, if you don't feel comfortable doing it, don't try, take it to the vet and they will sort it out for you :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate will give him a soak and see what i think if not will get it booked in the vets this week

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Dented eyes are also common in snakes that are dehydrated. As suggested, a good soak in a tepid bath once or twice a day for a few days - see if that sorts it out, if not, then it's more than likely retained eye caps.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i thought it could be that but on close inspection it does look like a build up of eye cap

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Luke warm bath it anyway. Try making him/her slither through a damp towel.

·
Registered
347 Posts
A live rodent can cause damaged skin and eyes. are you feeding live?

·
Registered
373 Posts
ware bouts u from? i rescued a royal that had retained eyecaps since birth and they working wonders with him at shropshire exotics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts