Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my royal is a very good feeder has never missed for about 1 year. Just recently she has not been out and about for the past 2 months aswell as not eating. Just wondering about why she is not coming out when she usally does.

Yes, I know its a royal etc etc but just weird her not coming out anything I should check up on?

- Thanks

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
what you have described is exactly how a couple of ours have been acting for the last two months. I have had them all out and checked them over and double checked all temps etc everything is spot . I never think oh that is royals I always check. tbh it is the winter months and mine are just being royals lol. I find the bigger they get the weirder they act through the winter months :lol2:

how big is your girl?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah temps are fine, and she is about 1.8years old maybee not exact due to getting her from HAM. not sure on KG but is about 3.5ft-4ft long.

Trying her on a warm smelly mouse today. See if she will take that.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
how often are you offering her food? the course our ones usually take is that they go off food around November then eight to nine weeks later (give or take a week) they shed and want their dinner.

she is probably getting to the size where she wants a boyfriend its a good idea to know her weight though.

does not sound as if you have anything to worry about but it is always good to check

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, She has took a mouse well last night she did. So hopfully she is back on track she didnt strike feed left it over night and it went good.

Fingures crossed.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
just winter + royals = no food/little food

Don't worry, around March/April they normally kick back into food mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts