Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i'd ask if there are any religious folk out there? Am a christian myself and wondered if there were any others about on the forum?
sam :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
nope.sposed to be cathlic but i dont beleave in it all.so practicing athiest:notworthy:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
im an atheist, but im not anti god or anything

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
i'm part indian but not religeous. i'm spirtual, i can't seem to help it. i gravitate to the woods and simpler things. but no, i'm not a christian. i do get certain feelings when i'm where i seem to suppose to be and i feel like there is a voice guiding me and telling me this is right or this is wrong...call it a moral compass or whatever. if there is a higher being, creator, we will never be able to understand it. like your dog sees your tv but what can he understand?...just look at quantum physics!!!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I went to a Catholic high school, and found the religious aspect quite intimidating at times to be honest. I wouldn't class myself as religious at all but, like Habu, you have your own beliefs of right and wrong. I think that people should believe in what they like but, when beliefs are enforced, then things can get a bit messy...

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
i just have been in places where it all seemed right. but most of the time it all seems wrong. i see how mental health issues and crime and stuff are so prevelent...i just think we as a species, aren't taking care of oursevles. all the war and poverty... i mean real poverty...famine...it all could go away if we took half as much care of ourselves as we do our animals. but there are times when it all seems right. that's a big reason i like to share some of my experiences here. backpacking, camping....seeing nature is good for the soul. all this stuff we nowadays think is important, suddenlt isn't out there in the boonies...you may go in depressed, but you never stay that way. you start just thinking about the here and now...

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
i just have been in places where it all seemed right. but most of the time it all seems wrong. i see how mental health issues and crime and stuff are so prevelent...i just think we as a species, aren't taking care of oursevles. all the war and poverty... i mean real poverty...famine...it all could go away if we took half as much care of ourselves as we do our animals. but there are times when it all seems right. that's a big reason i like to share some of my experiences here. backpacking, camping....seeing nature is good for the soul. all this stuff we nowadays think is important, suddenlt isn't out there in the boonies...you may go in depressed, but you never stay that way. you start just thinking about the here and now...
deep stuff

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
definately anti religion. I can't accept that all this is based on a book as there is no physical evidence of anything to back it up. The idea that Christianity came from a Jewish bloke living in what we'd presume to be a Muslim area just doesn't add up.
Also when you look at other religions and their teachings it seems all too possible that they're based on the same book which has resulted in different meanings during translation.

As for The Bible, Darwins theory seems far more plausable with logical evidence that can back it up.

At the end of the day, the only faith i need is faith in myself. If i need to base my faith on a book and it's teachings then i've failed myself.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
definately anti religion. I can't accept that all this is based on a book as there is no physical evidence of anything to back it up. The idea that Christianity came from a Jewish bloke living in what we'd presume to be a Muslim area just doesn't add up.
Also when you look at other religions and their teachings it seems all too possible that they're based on the same book which has resulted in different meanings during translation.

As for The Bible, Darwins theory seems far more plausable with logical evidence that can back it up.

At the end of the day, the only faith i need is faith in myself. If i need to base my faith on a book and it's teachings then i've failed myself.
erm...jerusalem has been a jewish place of worship since 9 or 10 bce if i rememeber correctly.

i am an agnostic myself but it would be nice to get the facts straight,mate

ok, i dont know what your talking about :)
maybe you should read more abuot YOUR religion;)...it was a test as you said you were a true catholic or something silly.
personally i think its very rare for someone in your age group to actually know what they are talking about religion-wise
if you dont know the history of your own religion perhaps something simpler is on the cards for the future

for future reference on vatican one and two The Catholic Church - God's One and Only Church

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
erm...jerusalem has been a jewish place of worship since 9 or 10 bce if i rememeber correctly.

i am an agnostic myself but it would be nice to get the facts straight,mate
hence 'presume' with it being in the Middle East. No facts stated in that bit that it was a Muslim area. Although it is the third holiest city in Islam but seeing as none of us were there at the time it's anybody's guess what the main religion was back then.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
hence 'presume' with it being in the Middle East. No facts stated in that bit that it was a Muslim area. Although it is the third holiest city in Islam but seeing as none of us were there at the time it's anybody's guess what the main religion was back then.
i dont really consider it a muslim area personally...at least when i think about it. i guess its the remnants of being a former catholic lol

personally i think its all a bunch of crap...the idea that someone could base the fundamental elements of life upon a book which wasnt written by their god but men...some of which are known to have not even known jesus.

personally i find religion is out of date and unnecessary for strong and intelligent people in our modern society

1 - 20 of 52 Posts