Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of Bearded drogons that are sold but they only paid forty quid each what is the normal price for them as the pet shop by me has got them up for £109 each :?

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
depends where you are, and what age.

hatchlings go for around £50 near me in shops, and as they grow it goes up...£60 grown on, £100 s/adult and about £125 for an adult male, slightly more for adult females.

from breeders and classifieds this price is usually lower.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
thats bloody expensive considering the shops probably pay about £20/25 for babies and about £30/35 for grow ons...maybe they have an expensive supplier!?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
depends where you are, and what age.

hatchlings go for around £50 near me in shops, and as they grow it goes up...£60 grown on, £100 s/adult and about £125 for an adult male, slightly more for adult females.

from breeders and classifieds this price is usually lower.
Yea thats about the same price where i live in N1, i got all my corn snakes from there, but i love the bearded dragons aswell, i'll have to get some....

6.corn snakes
2.cats
4.kids(all boys driving me :crazy: lol

Sam

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
they would have to be! i know you pay more the further north you go but wales ain't exactly north...hmmm...

·
Registered
189 Posts
i paid £20 for a 6 week old dragon in a salisbury(wilts) pet shop. they had 2 adults for £220 the other day they were snaped up pritty quick!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
beardies are £80 for babies around here.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
the herp shops sell babies for between £75 - £90 round here, depends how many are about at the time i think, they had some yearlings in the other week going for £95.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
up at my local shop they are £55 for babies born this year. But as always with anything the bigger the more pricey

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Down south your looking at between £60-75 for babies and over £100 for an adult, again more for a female.

Best bet is private, I charge £35 for a baby beardie and you can be gurarenteed there looked after, better than a pet shop. Go onto the classified ads! Your find someone who sells them.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Yep reptile shops basically buy them in from breeders for approx £20 then wack another £60 on... Most places here sell for about £80.

If you don't want to pay that kind of price I suggest you get into the classifieds section on here and other sites, You will find full setups with adult dragons for £150.... Otherwise people like Becky will have son soon enough. I have a feeling mines gonna lay another clutch as well soon :)

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Can only really echo what others have said.

Round here (mansfield/notts) juveniles are 35-80 depending on colouration etc and adults are anywhere from £70-£300

"Standard" babies average around £40 round here in shops.

Check your local classifieds papers, we picked our beardies up at the equivalent of £25 per animal probably pence over after your include the bit of driving needed to collect them :)

Unfortunately there seems to be no such thing as "average" prices.

We are lucky enough to have around 5 reptile shops locally and prices vary wildly. As an example two shops here only about 15 miles have around (and over) a 100% price difference in some animals.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a adult female for sale at 150 i payed 120 for her 1year
ago and someone said that was a bit pricey it is if your up north but down south thats cheep lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts