Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By one source, I was informed they should only have the reptomin pellets every day and occasional bloodworms

What other foods is it GOOD for a hatchling/young Musk Turtle...there must be something else.

·
Banned
23,827 Posts
I recently asked this question to an experienced keeper of Musks who then sent me his weekly feed sheet.

I shall paste it here.

Mon - Pellets
Tue - Shrimp
Wed - Pellets
Thu - Nothing
Fri - Beef Heart
Sat - Pellets
Sun - Gator Grub ( A pre-made food for gators and aquatic turts)

They don't go to much on plant matter, however the pellets contain that so they do take some in. As a treat every now and then, lance fish and liver.

Do you have any pictures? I bought a Mississippi Mud Turtle going under the guise of a Musk. I dont know anyone else who keeps Mississippi Muds - but i'd still love Musks one day!

·
Banned
23,827 Posts
I recently asked this question to an experienced keeper of Musks who then sent me his weekly feed sheet.

I shall paste it here.

Mon - Pellets
Tue - Shrimp
Wed - Pellets
Thu - Nothing
Fri - Beef Heart
Sat - Pellets
Sun - Gator Grub ( A pre-made food for gators and aquatic turts)

They don't go to much on plant matter, however the pellets contain that so they do take some in. As a treat every now and then, lance fish and liver.

Do you have any pictures? I bought a Mississippi Mud Turtle going under the guise of a Musk. I dont know anyone else who keeps Mississippi Muds - but i'd still love Musks one day!
PS - Like i say that isnt MY PERSONAL list, and it may/may not contain perhaps a bit too much protein, but like the guy says they dont tend to take in plant matter.

·
Banned
23,827 Posts
Cuttlefish is awesome for them, and Tuesday is shrimp day ;)

But the cuttlefish is good for calcium. Get some!

Oh, and Hackney? Poor you :)

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
you tried the terrapin tank? supposed to be a really good forum for all things turt related. might be worth a nosey if nowt else

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
i know musk turtles personally..they are from here...caught and had many..they are predominately scavengers as you can tell. dead animals in ponds and lakes are what they eat most..they can really smell carrion. they are easy to catch fishing for catfish...always consider the natural history of an animal..it works for me. mine like crawdads

1 - 13 of 13 Posts