Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to keep two corns together? we have one thats 20wks old, i know you would need to seperate at feeding time but would they attack each other for another reason?

thanks

:no1:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Generally most keepers advise against keeping 2 snakes together although there are people on this forum who successfully do keep them together.

I was told by the breeder of mine that 2 males would fight, a male and female would mate, but I could keep 2 females together as long as they were separated at feeding time to prevent any accidents.

I've never done it myself though as, so far, I've never had 2 females!

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
id say 100% no at the age your corns are...

this is one of the reasons a friend and myself fell out recently..

he was looking after my snake and he co-habited it with a hatchling... i was furious... he did it without telling me and my older snake ( about a yearling) actually escaped... stil never got him back :(

i know as fully grown adults opinions do dilute slightly and some people say its fine...

i think however id err on the side of boring old caution and keep seperate

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have four corn snakes in two separate vivs. One pair are male and female and the other pair are females. They are all only a couple of months old and I separate them at feeding time.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The male female pair will breed, if the female is too young, this can result in the female becoming egg bound which can cause her death

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
I have four corn snakes in two separate vivs. One pair are male and female and the other pair are females. They are all only a couple of months old and I separate them at feeding time.
as claire says, this is far from ideal..

corns have been known to mate at ages younger than a year.. its advisable to keep young snakes alone

Nerys

·
Registered
168 Posts
i would say keep them ive done it before they were fine just keep an eye on them :welcome1: too the breeding of corns

1 - 11 of 11 Posts