Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with snakes if you smell of mice then as snake owners no they would bite your hand.

with king snakes as they eat other snakes if i was to hold a king snake in the same room as other snakes but they cant see each other would it bite me. i no snakes use there tounges for smell. cause i was thinking could i have a king snake in the same room as my corn and royal if they dont see each other.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
most days i try to remember to handle my new king before corns but did other way round yesterday. did clean hands well and waited a while but she she certainly seemed to be tasting my hand for ages lol - didnt bite :)
have them in different rooms atm so be interested on answers

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most days i try to remember to handle my new king before corns but did other way round yesterday. did clean hands well and waited a while but she she certainly seemed to be tasting my hand for ages lol - didnt bite :)
have them in different rooms atm so be interested on answers

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
I keep my two king snakes in the same room as several other snakes. I have not noticed Orion, our bigger fella, acting any different whether I've handled another snake or not - he either is in feed mode for ANYTHING or he's not bothered.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
u guys dont clean hands between snakes?
i handled mine 2 saturdays ago (a day b4 i got her) then handled a smaller king and looked down to see him biting me lol
now i use alcohol hand washes between snakes

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
i wash my hands between handlings, but not for that reason.

i do it to make sure that i am not passing on bacteria or anything like that from snake to snake. i know its only a small measure, but its still a very important one. I make sure everybody washes their hands before they handle any of my snakes, to protect the snake from catching anything!!! never mind the humnas, they will be fine :lol2: m( my auntie hates snakes, she thinks there all diseased and she demands my cousins disinfect their hands after handling them!!! well funny)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts