Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you find keeping king snakes?
are they fussy eaters?
post pics of your favourite king snakes if possible.
thanks, chris.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i have got a cali king, the sanke feeds very well and will eat everything you feed unless in shed. there is one problem with them that unless you you know wot you are doing they CAN too much and become overweight, this is more of a problem with kings than in other snakes. mine is a vicious little git too!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Kings are lovely snakes. And they'd only become overweight if you do not provide enough space for them to move around, and If you overfed them.
They are good in terms of feeding. If you are going to handle one wash your hands after touching pinkies/mice etc. (even pet rabbits ;)) because they are hardly the smartest of snakes and will try and swallow your fingers. Most let go after a while.
My favourite are the speckled :)

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Im breeding speckles next year Robnis :wink: But no kings are my favourite... great attitude.. slightly more unpredictable than corns which is always fun... amazing feeders generally.. out of 22 kings I have 1 bad feeder. and all my kings are my favs so cant post piccies :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
never had any problems feeding kings at home or at work. Follow the above advise. Hav'nt got a fav but if i had to choose probably my Thayers or NNY's Peach Thayers.

Della

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
never had a fussy kingsnake ever..always been willing to feed
heres my fave...Jet the MBK

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
rhaco said:
that is one nice snake.
did he tame down quite nicely?
if so how long did he take?
always has been a tame snake and is even handled by young kids :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts