Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi use kitchen roll for my hatchlings normly
plain but this time i baught some got pictures on it will that be safe

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Its fine... used some myself like that in the past...

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
You probably mean towel paper. Yes, they are very good for the snake, easy to keep clean and very cheap as well.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
The way to find out about the kitchen roll is to put it in water and see if the colours run.. if they do dont use it... best thing I can think.. and never heard of it being called towel paper before Dex.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Actually at tesco you find them for kitchen towel :lol:

A mix of the 2 :wink:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i use tons of the stuff, perfect for what you need

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
i use newspaper, so i should hope that kitchen rolls with pictures on them would be safe. :D my snakes love to hide under the paper, quite annoying when trying to find them.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Yeah I reckon kitchen roll is the dogs for smaller snakes! anyone ever had any problems with paper cuts using newspaper??

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
liam_rokocoko said:
paper towels are perfect for hatchlings but shouldn't be used for older snakes. newspaper is perfect for older snakes.
Why not use paper towels with older snakes just out of interest?

·
Registered
257 Posts
andyj5447 said:
liam_rokocoko said:
paper towels are perfect for hatchlings but shouldn't be used for older snakes. newspaper is perfect for older snakes.
Why not use paper towels with older snakes just out of interest?
older snakes can actually ingest paper towels that were used as bedding. i remember seeing it a while back, although the chances are slim its better to be safe than sorry.

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
I am sure an adult snake could eat newspaper but I know where your coming from. Did you see that Burm in USA that ate an electric blanket?! :shock: I keep my adult boas on towels. Not paper ones actual towels. Well some of them anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts