Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body used the komodo habistat thermostat before for theyre heat mats? If so are they any good and do they last?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
i personally use habistat stats on my vivs
but i have read peoples post on here and they say they are good, im sure a komodo user will be along soon to clarify

·
Registered
526 Posts
I use a Komodo stat and have found that the temps drop more before going up again than they do with my Mircoclimate ones so I end up with a greater temp variation. However I've only had the one Komodo stat so it could just be that unit. Apart from that, I've not had any problems with it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmmmm

Well i tried it for a while and using my thermometers i got a totally different reading. I ended up going to the electrical store and buying a dimmer that plugs straight in the wall and now my temps are perfect.
The only prob is i haave no fail safe. my boas are in rubs and using these dimmers ive managed to get 90 for bask and 82 for cool end. 9.99 ....all good but how reliable is this?

·
Premium Member
12,018 Posts
not very at all.

The idea with a thermostat is to tweak the dial until the thermometers in the viv read the correct temps. You MUST COMPLETLEY IGNORE the numbers on the dial of the stat as they are 100% dependent on the position of the probe if they are accurate or not.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
not very at all.

The idea with a thermostat is to tweak the dial until the thermometers in the viv read the correct temps. You MUST COMPLETLEY IGNORE the numbers on the dial of the stat as they are 100% dependent on the position of the probe if they are accurate or not.

Cheers

Andy

completely agree. We use these stats and have no probs with them but we use lights not matts .

·
Registered
240 Posts
I use a Komodo stat with a ceramic heater, no problems with it at all.
As has already been said, you need to get the temp probe DIRECTLY under the heat source for the temps on the thermometer to match the setting on the stat dial.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok ill give that a try.... however its basicly the same as using a dimmer though yes? im using thems with em so they should be ok for my other tamks right....o and i have a thermostat plugged through the dimmer with a sensor
so basicly the same thing but half the cost?????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.