Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive got a baby bosc ive had him almost a year and now hes big enough for his big viv but its 6x3x3 foot and im totally baffeled on how to fill it. Ive got his exo terra cave, his xlarge exo terra bowl, a large hubba hut, couple bits of wood but his viv looks stupidly huge. My bosc is only 18-19" so still quite little so i do need to get some more stuff for him before i move him in there.

Any ideas? What has everyone else done in their bigger vivs??

i have the ovious stuff like UV tube, starter and a uv & heat combi bulb.. Hes gonna have a dirt pit where he can dig

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
so ive got a baby bosc ive had him almost a year and now hes big enough for his big viv but its 6x3x3 foot and im totally baffeled on how to fill it. Ive got his exo terra cave, his xlarge exo terra bowl, a large hubba hut, couple bits of wood but his viv looks stupidly huge. My bosc is only 18-19" so still quite little so i do need to get some more stuff for him before i move him in there.

Any ideas? What has everyone else done in their bigger vivs??

i have the ovious stuff like UV tube, starter and a uv & heat combi bulb.. Hes gonna have a dirt pit where he can dig
Rocks, tree trunk? You might want to have a look on the landscaping section of Dartfrog - Everything for the Amphibian Keeper they have all sorts of stuff you could use to fill the excess space, and take more out as he increases in size?

:2thumb:

Phil

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rocks, tree trunk? You might want to have a look on the landscaping section of Dartfrog - Everything for the Amphibian Keeper they have all sorts of stuff you could use to fill the excess space, and take more out as he increases in size?

:2thumb:

Phil
yes was thinking buy loads of stuff n remove it as he out grows it.. Hes the only rep im keeping so i wanna put all my energy into his viv. He used to have loads of cork bark in his 2x1x1 but he out grew all that, ive then got him in a 3x2x2 but i was watching him climb on his bits of wood and they looked like theyd break if he stayed on them.. lol.
Hes so funny he sat today trying to get under his slate tile... and hes that strong he managed it!! ive taken it out now cos i dont want him getting squished so need heavy things he cant move :)

ill look on dart frog... i should b good at this ive filled a 2 bed house of junk but im struggling to do a small space... lol

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Trip down the woods, one large tree trunk cut to about 3-4 foot, he'll love climbing all over it, lying alongside it and basking on top :2thumb: My viv thats 6x3x2.5 (lxdxh) has a massive driftwood trunk that was rescued from a nearby river, its about 3 foot long, 1.5 foot deep and a foot high and looks fantastic.

Just my thoughts
hope it helps
Dave

Reactions: Ron Magpie

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trip down the woods, one large tree trunk cut to about 3-4 foot, he'll love climbing all over it, lying alongside it and basking on top :2thumb: My viv thats 6x3x2.5 (lxdxh) has a massive driftwood trunk that was rescued from a nearby river, its about 3 foot long, 1.5 foot deep and a foot high and looks fantastic.

Just my thoughts
hope it helps
Dave
my sisters given me some twisty vine thingys.. they looked huge.... untill i put them in the viv. lol..

I was thinking real wood from the forests but didnt know if i could use that.. I think my dad has an apple tree trunk in his yard :)
i cant wait to get my viv looking all homeley.. Im going to buy some green grosers grass to cover a ramp and his basking ledge. Thought astro turf but i got a sample and it was really hard...

Thank you im gonna try a trunk or thick branch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts