Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my new girl. Hypo stripe ghost with a good stripe all the way down.

Hopefully picking up a free reverse okeetee tomorrow too(not sure if it is reverse okeetee or amel till i see her)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
That is well stunning :lol: Where did you get it from. I couldn't even find a normal ghost here in Scotland :oops:

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
groovy chick said:
That is well stunning :lol: Where did you get it from. I couldn't even find a normal ghost here in Scotland :oops:
Thanks guys :D I got her from my local shop in northampton. got it at a discount too cause of mix up with another snake. they got another 2 or 3 but they all have broken stripes(disappears in middle part, then broken and faint on the last half)but this ones pretty solid all the way down and a female(which i was after, which was a bonus)

Its also got some nice pink marks behind the eye on both sides too :D

Thats my fifth or sixth hatchling in less than two months and takes my corns up to 8(9 tomorrow) :D

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
pretty mate, not sure what to make of her exactly.
i know there is this super hypo stuff going around, but it might be pastel stripe?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Pastel is, I believe, just ghost but is used where motley and stripe is in that snake aswell I think.
Ive heard vanishing ghost stripes called hypo ghost stripes though.
Whatever its a lovely girl and should make a great breeder.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I thought pastel stripe was just ghost stripe, or a selectively bred version of ghost stripe. :?

·
Registered
324 Posts
good thing mate... It might enhance the prise to a suitor for the snake in the future too. For example, "In this tank is my very favourite corn, i was told he was a Hypo stripe ghost corn, which is quite hard to find and so therefore pricey. However, i was later corrected that it was infact a pastel stripe... which is more rare, you know?" Thus enhancing the price ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
ah well that is a choice entirely up to you... whenever im confused, i pair up a nice morph with a blizzard i have and it produces weird and nice results. It's up to you, although nige shall have a say. His knowledge of morphs is second to none here, as you know.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
andysharpe said:
ah well that is a choice entirely up to you... whenever im confused, i pair up a nice morph with a blizzard i have and it produces weird and nice results. It's up to you, although nige shall have a say. His knowledge of morphs is second to none here, as you know.

oh yeah he knows his stuff :notworthy: . any ideas nige? or do i just get a male of the same batch?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not nige, me again, BUT a male of the same morph would be brillaint too but if you want a mixed batch, you know which ones you've gotta pick, up to you really at the end of the day.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah im considering a male also now. ive got a male hypo motley het stripe/ghost off nige and ive also got a female het stripe too. means i can chop and change on different seasons :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts