Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've got two giant gecko's and when I bought them I was told they were either the leachianus henkeli or Leachianus Lechianus type C. After looking further into what species they could be i've now got even more confused as they also sound as if the could be a type E????

My aim is to breed the lechianus's as they should be ready next spring and are already showing signs of wanting to breed, however I do not know what type I would sell them as and obviously don't want to advertise them as something they aren't......Soo this is why i'm asking for your advice and help on this matter (I've put some pictures up in the post....PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AND FEEL FREE TO HELP ME :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
how long and how much do they weigh and age ?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Look's like leachianus henkeli to me, iv'e only worked with one though before at the collection i worked at.

I could be wrong. that's what it look's like though :notworthy:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The female is 9inch in length and weighs 165g (Weighed today), the male is 10inch in length and weighs 171g (Again weighed today).
Not fully sure on specific age but know they are a few years old and are apparently not fully grown yet.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi there, there are alot of leachianus locales about, and even the experts find it quite difficult to tell which is which.

The best way to find out the locale of your gecko is to track back its history. Ask the person you purchased them from, who they purchased them from, until you find the first breeder of them. Otherwise if people start guessing or are about 90% sure and think this is a better guess than nothing then it would be quite bad on the locality of the leachianus. Simply because you would be selling a leachianus locale you do not have, then someone may buy one of your hatchlings to pair up with a pure locale leachianus of the same locality as yours, which means they're pure leachianus is now mixed with a unknown, therefore breaking down the pureness in leachianus. I personally would mark them down as unknown, unless you can find out from who ever bred them what they are for definate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts