Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya just a quick question.Are lecustic leopard geckos rare?I bought my 2 from a local petshop only because they looked nice and i wanted something different to add to my collection of leos.How much do they fetch to?around the same as ant other leo?

Just a thought thanks. :wink:

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
They not about £60-80? I've seen afew.

·
Registered
641 Posts
They used to be quite rare a few years ago, but as with other morphs like blizzards and albinos they're fairly easy to find now... Expect to pay around £25 for hatchlings, maybe less from a private breeder :)

If you can get yourself some giants they would make a pretty cool combo 8)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you took the words out of my mouth Author Message
oldelpaso!Im investing in a trio of super mack snows after feb when i get back off holiday.im hoping to breed them to.just stocking up on a few different types of leo before the breeding season kicks it.i wonder if you could breed a mack snow with a tremper giant? that would be quite cool. :eek:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Assuming you mean Murphy patternless (not truly leucistic, but generally this term is used for them) rather than blizzard, they were pretty much the first real leopard gecko morphy and have been around for a while. oldelpaso has the price about right.

As for breeding a mack snow with a Tremper giant, you would get 1/4 normals, 1/4 giant normals, 1/4 mack snows, 1/4 giant mack snows (in theory at least)...and if you are using an albino giant, which many are, all will be 100% heterozgyous for albinism.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im not sure to be honest.when i got them about a month ago the shop told me the were leucistic,but then again we all know what the pet shops say.They are pattenless but one is green and one is yellow and they both have lilac/blue colour tails.i thought they were leucistic but now im not so sure lol.Ill have to see if i can get a couple of photos of them as they have both just shed so they will be in full colour.as for the mack snows im not sure what to do.mite just breed the super mack snows together as long as they aint related.they seem quite rare and seem to hold there moneys worth too.Does anyone know any decent websites for selling super mack snows.Money isnt too much of an issue as i know for a trio its going to be expensive.I was thinking of under £400 for them.Thats what iv put aside for them anyway.any ideas?

·
Registered
959 Posts
If you bought them from a shop and they were called leucisitc, they are almost certainly what are now known as Murphy (to distinguish them from the paternless gene in RAPTORs, which Tremper says is different) patternless.

Super macks...not sure at the moment (Sheffield Geckos might have some and I think Crystal Palace Reptiles do as well, for under £400), but I will have some next year also :wink:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thats cool.Will yours be adults though as im looking to buy adults of breeding age rather then juvies?Im willing to travel for them so where ever really :wink:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok cool.well pm me when you do get some and let me know how it gos on. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts