Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a mealworm dish but with delivery most exo terra ones are nearly a tenner, however came across lee's mealowrm bowl on ebay and comes to just under £2 for one which is much better.

Just wondering if anyone has used these and what they thought

Cheers

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
must say that..... silly lazy old frecks,
does tip hers up though... but thats just her lol.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Brilliant another question then, could I use them as water bowls as would like a matching set
I have never seen those before... how cool [with th elittle edges so the malies cant get out lol] and not a bad price really [I use nescafe jar lids]

anyway..i would have thought they would hold water yes.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Actually I use Nescafe Gold blend.
I put 2 and a half heaped spoonfulls, same sugar, and one heaped spoon of cofee mate... its a lovely brown leather sort of colour.
Milk ruins a cofee, turns it grey so i cant use milk.
Used to use Tip Top [just a dash] nice and golden but coffee mate is just as nice and a fraction of the price.

As for normal nescafe...I buy the caterin size..powder rather than granules to sell at my kiosk...its a lot nicer than the granuals..its odd..the normal nescafe granules have a dirty, dusty kinda taste to it and it varies from jar to jar, its gorss..gold blend though is nice it just takes soem stirring to get it to desolve.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, man after my own heart, only I use 3 heaped coffee, 3 heaped sugar and a splash of cold water, can't take milk anymore, and even when I could, I preferred coffee mate :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
yeh i put in cold water too... so i can drink it before i forget about it.. i go by the philosophy...if i want A coffee... I want to be able to drink it now.
An Ice cube is better though.. but since moving out i dont have any as we dont have a cool ice cube tray thing in our freezer like my parents do :(

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Nah... Cafe Society Instant Espresso - much better that Nescafe! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

I use Adidas deodorant caps for mealworm feeders for my collareds! Not had mealies climb of them!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
lol do you wash the caps out first? they may be too dizzy to climb out lol

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
It could be worse, Virmin could be using Lynx instead of addidas :lol2:

I'm with virmin also, Espresso of any variety is good, also my coffee perculator is made to work hard :)

I'm currently using plastic cat food dishes, the only problem is that they are a bit big in a 2' viv and take up a lot of floor space, so i might get some of the lees ones and give them a try, at 79p it's worth a shot :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts