Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I recived my two gorgeous tiny baby a.versi spiderlings this morning, arrived perfect and active but after an hour of having them in their new homes i found one of the babies had lost two legs :( they where at the top of the pot, i'm gutted, is there any reason she would do this?
I know they wheren't trapped as she was wondering around after i put the lids on, i'm at a loss!
Many thanks x

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Could of been stress or if it had moulted recently it might have had deformed legs so it dropped them. Tbh sounds like it got its legs trapped which i know u said they didnt.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first i thought i must have trapped her legs but i hadn't taken the top off after i first put her in and she was up and down the pot fine with all her legs i'm just so upset about it as i've never had this happen before!

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
At first i thought i must have trapped her legs but i hadn't taken the top off after i first put her in and she was up and down the pot fine with all her legs i'm just so upset about it as i've never had this happen before!
Could of been when u closed the lid or even the lid might not of been on properly then snapped down on its legs.

They are fine missing a few leg and with it being a sling will probably regenerate them. Just make sure she isnt bleeding in any way.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies hun, shes soooooo small its hard to tell but she doesnt look like shes bleeding and shes up on the side webbing so seems ok x

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do, i can't happy but be so worried for her i get so attached as soon as i lay eyes on them, they are all my babies!
My other versi is hanging on to the side with two legs whilst preening herself :D looks mighty funny! x

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Will do, i can't happy but be so worried for her i get so attached as soon as i lay eyes on them, they are all my babies!
My other versi is hanging on to the side with two legs whilst preening herself :D looks mighty funny! x
These things happen hun :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts