Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

I have a pair of leo's, been together bout 10 days.

One of them just does not seem happy sharing. They're not fighting, she is just unhappy, not eating, bit sluggush.

I have another tank i can put her in but cant get anther heat mat until Tues.

Would she be ok if i just cosied the other tank up with kitchen roll for now. I have set the tank up and the temp is 70 degrees

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
70 degrees is too cold. They need a basking spot/warm floor area of 85f or so. This might explain her reluctance to eat, and her sluggish behaivour.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yh, she should be fine for a few days in there but get a heatmat asap! :)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Oh sorry didn't read it correctly! 70f will be okay for a short period, but don't feed her, as she won't be able to digest it properly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the tank they are in together has a heat mat, set at recommended temps.

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
leos need heat from the under belly is there any way you can put half the heat mat on one viv and the other half on the other?

Also depending on what set up you have could you poss divide it for the both of them or tub one of them inside the viv?

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
It might not have anything to do with them sharing to be honest how old are they and have you had her checked for worms internal parasites and impactation all these would cause her to stop eating

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the tub i brought her home in, that has ventilation.

would she be better in that but in the heated viv then?

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
depends how old she is what size the tub is and if there is going to be enough room for her in a tub
But as above it may not have anything to do with them sharing was she ok before they were put togehter etc is she drinking pooing ok?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they were both fine when they came home ten days ago.

she is moving around ok, just not hungry. she did shed the day after she came home

they are both 5 months old, weigh 25g.

the tub she came home in would give her room for a little hide, and room to move. if i put her in there in the heated viv at least i could feed her

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
they were both fine when they came home ten days ago.

she is moving around ok, just not hungry. she did shed the day after she came home

they are both 5 months old, weigh 25g.

the tub she came home in would give her room for a little hide, and room to move. if i put her in there in the heated viv at least i could feed her
If its only for a few days id recomend you tub her in the viv as long as the is enough room for a hide and water bowl you can always take the hide out when you feed her to make sure she is hunting ok :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good idea.

when i have tried her with food later, if she eats it should i then make sure the tub is on the heat mat in the viv so her food will digest well?

if yes, how long shoud i leave her on the heat mat

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
The tub should be in the viv try and get it 1/3 of the tub so its on the heat mat that should help her out remember to check the temps in the tub and make sure they are at least 80 and she should be fine dont keep putting her on and off the heat mat as that will just make her wonder what is going on

is the heat mat on a stat? and is it in the actual viv?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the heat mat is in the viv and i have a mat stat yes.

i'll get her in the tub in the viv and place it so half the tub is on the heat mat.

doh, don't know why i didn't think of that myself.

many thanks, faith for taking the time to advise

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
the heat mat is in the viv and i have a mat stat yes.

i'll get her in the tub in the viv and place it so half the tub is on the heat mat.

doh, don't know why i didn't think of that myself.

many thanks, faith for taking the time to advise
Not a problem :D
Sometimes we over look the obvious things lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts