Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have spare and empty a 31x18x18 wooden viv.......I am just wondering if this will be ok to put to use for my leo's to breed in........when I eventually get into breeding........thinking I may use 1 male and either 1 or 2 females.........

I will keep my leos in separate vivs apart from when it's time to breed

What do you reckon?

Cheers:2thumb:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds good that. Its a fine size for upto 3 leos. Im also inthe process of introducing my male to my females. Keep us posted on how they get along.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good that. Its a fine size for upto 3 leos. Im also inthe process of introducing my male to my females. Keep us posted on how they get along.
Won't be for a while yet.....need to buy my breeding stock :blush:......just trying to get as much knpowledge as poss before going into breeding.....I have learnt loads already in a matter of days from people on here :up:....just thought I'd check about my spare viv, as now my uromastyx has gone into a 4x2x2 it's just sitting there begging :rotfl:

cheers :2thumb:........still can't get to grips with genetics though :cussing:

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Won't be for a while yet.....need to buy my breeding stock :blush:......just trying to get as much knpowledge as poss before going into breeding.....I have learnt loads already in a matter of days from people on here :up:....just thought I'd check about my spare viv, as now my uromastyx has gone into a 4x2x2 it's just sitting there begging :rotfl:

cheers :2thumb:........still can't get to grips with genetics though :cussing:
they should also be at least 50 grams before breeding ;)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they should also be at least 50 grams before breeding ;)
I know that one:rotfl:......I'm getting there slowly......VERY slowly :rotfl:.......I'm an 'All or Nothing' type of guy.......if your gonna do it do it RIGHT, if not DON'T BOTHER...........hence me asking MANY questions, many of which will appear very basic breeding questions to MANY, but you've gotta ask......as they say knowledge id POWER :up:

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Perfect apporach to breeding tbh and to keeping reptiles heres something you may find helpfull
I know there is a lot to take in regarding leos
so when you get advice Copy and paste it in to a text doc in little snippets for example
Temps, Breeding, Substrate
then you will have your own mini care sheet as well as Q & A ;)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect apporach to breeding tbh and to keeping reptiles heres something you may find helpfull
I know there is a lot to take in regarding leos
so when you get advice Copy and paste it in to a text doc in little snippets for example
Temps, Breeding, Substrate
then you will have your own mini care sheet as well as Q & A ;)
Great tip, cheers :2thumb::up:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts