Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys an girls.Im having a spot of bother breeding one of my female leos.She is about 2 years old,normal leo and shes in top condition for breeding and has a nice plump tail on her.I have had her housed with one of my males whos the same size and age,for about 3 months but she still has not bred with him.The thing is he never tries it on with her or anything and he defo a male.I put her in one of the other vivs with one of my other males of the same size and age and he did the usual at trying to impress her, but every time he tried it on she will wack him with her tail and in the end i had to move her into her own viv because i did not want her getting bullied.i read that you should seperate the female for a while as this helps them to breed.Iv never had to do this with my other geckos so i have no idea if it is true.If it is, how long should i wait before i try her again with a male?any ideas or help would be great as im lost :roll:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
try and reduce her temp for a while say two weeks then bring it back up to normal temp..this may stimulate her as in the wild they mate after the winter..just an idea!! :)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok,but the only thing is im using heat mats for mine so would you reckomend a thermostat?and what sort of temps you thinking of? :roll:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i asked the guy in the shop where i had her from but he said she hasnt bred before.ill try the seperation thing till the end of feb then as im going away mid feb so dont want her to have them when im not here.maybe she is playing hard to get hehe like her mum lol :lol: thanks for the help guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts