Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening,

I was wondering if anybody had any insight on alternate ways to remove the dead skin that is stuck to a Lecko (see what I did there? :)) post shedding.

Keith (the Gecko) is currently going through a bad spell and were trying to help him out, but he cant seem to remove the skin off his back feet...

Tried bathing the toes and rubbing gently with a cotton bud drenched in Olive oil but to no avail..

Open to suggestions

Thanks

Al

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i have real trouble with one of my males and yes its bath time tonight in fact.you can get some stuff called shed ease that supossed to help but cant say i have ever used it myself.i bath my geckos in warm water and a teaspoon of sugar.this seems to help him a lot other then that try leaving him in the warter for about 15 min.that works for my little chap.then just gently pull and it just comes away no problem. :wink:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Would go with Nutty on that one but if you not got one put a wet box in your tank as well.If you don't know then it is a hide with damp moss in it and if you do know sorry wasn't trying to say you are stupid.

·
Registered
581 Posts
not an expert on these (or anything else for that matter lol) but do you have a small plastic tub with a hole in the top and some damp , but not wet substrate in the bottom ? if not try this as the gecko should use the tub and this will help. i cant remember the stuff you put in the tub although its very similar to potting compost ? maybe somebody else knows ? hth :D

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
you mean vermiculite?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, we do have a damp hide in his tank, it appears to be working wonders on his front feet, but not on his rears.

Its also a problem as currently Keith is blind (only temorarily, hopefully)..

Will have to give the teaspoons of sugar a spin in the bath..

Thanks

Al

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
when i notice that mine are shedding i mist the hide that day to make it a lil more humid if all else fails they get a nice warm bath hehe but they hate bath time,......try n jump out :)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
do all geckos like sitting on peoples shoulders,i had male out last week and as i put him bk in viv he darted back out jumped on to me and ran up my sleeve where he sat on my shoulder without moving for about 20mins

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
can even touch my female she wil come up to glass an if i open it she'll hang out but if i touch her she bolts,whereas my male can be funny with being picked up but once i have him he's golden,dont like bein out 4 too long tho...more than 10-15mins n he tries to jump away

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
im thinkin of separaing mine am scared incase i cant look after babies propperly or i mess up.but they were separated 4 a week cuz he wasnt eating an they seemed 2 pine 4 eachother

1 - 16 of 16 Posts