Reptile Forums banner

Leo in a 30l?

512 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Jammachu 
#1 ·
Hello,
My two musk turtles have just recently moved out of their 30l tank into a reptile one pro 90 turtle tank and now i have a 30l tank unused.
I know i have the option of keeping fish but im really more of a reptile person. Ive been thinking of getting a leopard gecko but will a 30l be enough room? I know the bigger the better but i am thinking of rescuing a leo but only if it will be able to live in my empty 30 litre tank.
The measurements are about 40cm by 20cm.

The only other issue i could think of would be fitting 3 hides in the tank (a hot, humid and cool hide) but still having enough hunting and roaming room. Anyone have any clever ideas?

Thank you

#3 ·
Okay thank you!
I thought itd be abit small, i just read online that some people were keeping them in terrariums of this size but i wanted to check with the experts before i made a silly mistake ;) thank you

Any ideas of anything cool i should put on the tank instead?

#6 ·
Pygmy chams generally live in leaf litter, or close to the ground. The only tricky bit anout keeping them is getting humidity right, other than that i would say they are fairly easy to keep, dont let people put you off on here.
Please do reasearch though dont just take mine or anyone elses word for it.

#7 ·
Also, if you habe ypure heart set on a leo just go out and buy a plastic tub (RUB) make sure you jave a heat matt hides etc, you can buy a massive tub if you like for next to nothing, they arent great to look at but gives you time to save up for a vivarium, and were all using rubs, doesent affect the leos in anyway.
Good luck with whatever you decide anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.