Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv notcied lately that my leo gecko male seems to be quite aggressive. hes kept with my 2 females but is going for them when he gets the chance and biting their tails. he is a blizzard.
is this normal behaviour or should i try and do something about it??
(also he doesnt live in tht terranium anymore, was just temp housing for him wen i firt got him)

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
looks like mine!!!!
i woudl split thewm up to be honest
iv notcied lately that my leo gecko male seems to be quite aggressive. hes kept with my 2 females but is going for them when he gets the chance and biting their tails. he is a blizzard.
is this normal behaviour or should i try and do something about it??
(also he doesnt live in tht terranium anymore, was just temp housing for him wen i firt got him)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I've had one male that just didn't know when to stop and eventually one of my girls lost her tails :( he was more aggressive then most Ive seen and I was gonna seperate them the next day. If only I did that one day earlier she wouldnt have lost her tail....
So you might want to consider seperating them if you have the room.
Do your girls eat plenty or do they seem stressed out because of him as well?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I'd seperate too. Is the viv big enough for all of them comfortably? do they all have their own hides and places to be apart from each other? But definitely seperate. Our Bell kept biting the normal because she thought her tail was food and the bite marks were appalling. We seperated them immediately and it was a good thing we did because the normal came into her own. Really burst out of her shell and you could find that your two females would perk up as well with the male gone. Sounds like he'd be happier on his own too.

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
if hes biting their tails then take him out...my female did it to my male and im sure if pepper could speak he would tell you it bloomin hurt!!!

blizzards are known to be a bit more territorial and independent anyway...may have something to do with it

·
Banned
9,373 Posts
does he vibrate his tail so it sounds like a bee before he bites them? he could be trying to mate?
Im glad you mentioned that MonkeyGirl,

it does sound like mating behavour but it could also be a terrortorial thing. If its mating he would also be biting the nape of the neck. Is it possible you have another male in the viv with him and you have gotten it wrong a slight chance but probs not just covering all areas.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info.
im pretty sure its a male to 2 female ratio but just to be sure i can post some pics later.
he just seems to go for the tail but he does shake his tail before biting.
they seem to have enough room tho and all have their own hides. unfortunately tho i dont have the room to seperate so if it doesnt stop im gunna have to put him up for sale i reckon :S will be a shame cos thats the last thing i want to do but i dont want the others getting stressed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iv never really heard a buzz but he can shake it really fast?
its hard to explain lol

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
how big is the viv they are in?
and do you knwo how to sex them? if not - on my websiet there is a basic caresheet with my blizzards 'male parts' on show lol.
'V' shape in pores.
hope they are ok.
but it doesnt soud good , it sounds liek they should be seperated, even if they are a trio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts