Reptile Forums banner

leo not feeding

264 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kerry1 
What are your temperatures? Feeding probs are commonly temperature related! Have you tried tempting him with waxworms?

I've had to do that with my male. He only eats 2 hoppers a week and a few butterworms which are also great for fussy feeders as they're a bit bigger than waxies and have a fruity aroma which temps them. He was a more 48g a month ago but weighed him Tues night and he's now 53g so butterworms are bulking him up nicely. He'll never be a big gecko though, or a big eater. He would only hand-feed when I first got him too, but now he feed himself :lol:

Please be patient with him. I seem to attract fussy feeders but they are so rewarding when they do eat. It just takes a bit of perseverence.

Try feeding two waxies then if he eats them offer him a cricket/hopper straight away. Sometimes works as you've got their feeding response working. Good luck. Keep us updated :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.