Reptile Forums banner

leo not feeding

263 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kerry1 
#1 ·
im getting really annoyed at my leo now, he stopped eating a while ago
(and loast a load of weight) because what seemed to be he didnt like it near my BD, so i moved him, he ate come meal worms last night but regergetated them all this morning. he runs away rom crix and hoppers, and refused to be hand fed everything........... i even went as far as feding him silk worms to hel fatten him up... but no luck....

all my temps are fine and,,,, well i dont know what to do now.....

any suggestions ?????????

#2 ·
What are your temperatures? Feeding probs are commonly temperature related! Have you tried tempting him with waxworms?

I've had to do that with my male. He only eats 2 hoppers a week and a few butterworms which are also great for fussy feeders as they're a bit bigger than waxies and have a fruity aroma which temps them. He was a more 48g a month ago but weighed him Tues night and he's now 53g so butterworms are bulking him up nicely. He'll never be a big gecko though, or a big eater. He would only hand-feed when I first got him too, but now he feed himself :lol:

Please be patient with him. I seem to attract fussy feeders but they are so rewarding when they do eat. It just takes a bit of perseverence.

Try feeding two waxies then if he eats them offer him a cricket/hopper straight away. Sometimes works as you've got their feeding response working. Good luck. Keep us updated :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.