Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i expect my leo is leading me a dance here and that as soon as its lights out hes jumping bout like a fool but he doest come out an awful lot in the evenings,hes full of beans when hes out the viv but when he goes back in he adopts his fave day time position under his log legs out flat looks real funny proper sunbathing style but was wondering how much you all see yours out n about

·
Registered
557 Posts
BADGERS MUM said:
i expect my leo is leading me a dance here and that as soon as its lights out hes jumping bout like a fool but he doest come out an awful lot in the evenings,hes full of beans when hes out the viv but when he goes back in he adopts his fave day time position under his log legs out flat looks real funny proper sunbathing style but was wondering how much you all see yours out n about
Hi, More than likely due to the drop in temps because of winter.
Even though the heat may be the same as the summer that is being generated from heat matts etc, Leo's can still sense the difference.

Which will mean the food intake will be less than normal and will sleep and hide more.

Mine have stopped coming out before I go to bed now and are sleeping alot more. I only catch them at weekends now when I am up late.
Sometimes catch them out late evening, for a small stretch and yawn, then they go back to sleep.
In the summer they are out early evening, and alot more lively.

Then I only see them asleep with the legs streched out as you mention, very funny positions they have!!

I wouldn't worry at all.

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
Haven't had mine long but at the moment I don't see them at all until about 10pm and if the lights are off, then they come out.. slowly.. but they don't seem to mind being handled. Love their caves a bit too much I think! I can usually tempt my fattest female out in the day with a waxworm :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I didnt used to see mine much but them I got him/her a new heat light an all red exo terra heat glo one and now he is always out and about at night when his daytime light goes off! used to have a half red heat light but i let lots of white light out of the top of it so I guess he didnt know if it was day or night but now he has an all red light he is much more active! :D

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
my female tends to be out alot....day and night where as i dont usually c the male til about 5pm ish.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
i know yeh lol do u know much about them if u do please wud u have a look at my post "pinkies" an c if u can help me please

·
Registered
188 Posts
my girly is nearly always out. sometimes when i open the viv she comes to me and tries to climb out herself on to my hand. does anyone elses gecko give that little twitch of the head and the "im going to eat you " look when she stalkes food

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
miy girl stares at my fingers as if theyre giant waxies....she scares me lol...i see her head tilt and im like " woahhhh im backing off now "

1 - 11 of 11 Posts