Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i cant think how to word this right but has anyone had a leo with a tumor in the reproduction area?? ( the bit where eggs are made) lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,176 Posts
tumours can occur anywhere so yes it certainly is possible. If you are concerned take it to see a vet. It could be a tumour or other growth of some kind or it could be eggbound, it could be impacted from it's substrate.

If you coudl take a photo it may help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she has had two xrays (2 weeks apart) which show what look like eggs she is showing no signs of laying said eggs yet. what ever is in there has gotten bigger,she is with the vet today,vet just called to say its possible its a tumor and we have decided to give her two more weeks as she has just started eating again after not eating for more than 8 weeks,if she still hasnt laid afetr two weeks then a op is the only real way to see whats happening. i dont know what to do!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,364 Posts
have the op, only option.. (if its a tumor) if however its eggs, he shoudl be able to tell the differece?)
she has had two xrays (2 weeks apart) which show what look like eggs she is showing no signs of laying said eggs yet. what ever is in there has gotten bigger,she is with the vet today,vet just called to say its possible its a tumor and we have decided to give her two more weeks as she has just started eating again after not eating for more than 8 weeks,if she still hasnt laid afetr two weeks then a op is the only real way to see whats happening. i dont know what to do!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,176 Posts
hang on a sec, have a word with your vet, he should be able to tell the difference betwqeen an egg and a tumour and if she is eggbound then it's a case of a simple injection or two and crossing your fingers that she makes it but he must act now or the strain will kill her.

If it is egg bound it will not survive this two week period the vet is suggestiong. Sounds to me he's saying he's not sure and if you leave it for a couple of weeks it'll either be dead or better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have the op, only option.. (if its a tumor) if however its eggs, he shoudl be able to tell the differece?)
would you op now or in two weeks??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well firstly i would ask the vet again, if its a tumour, or eggs, he shoudl know the difference.
she cant really tell! she thinks maybe the eggs are just taking a while to form as sash is old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tell me about it,if it was a tumor would she just start eating again after all this time??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bit off the topic but what is (sp):lol2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks

well i went for the op to see what was going on with her and she has a liver tumor,sadly she is being put to sleep now. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and a big thanks to "redgex" for taking the time to answer my emails.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top