Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi tell you wat it is my leo gecko jumped out of my wee cousins hands an now i have seen he is not opening one of his eyes is there any thing i can put in his eye or just leave it for a few days an c wat happens

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
maybe it's just bruised or the leo could have somthing in it? if you are worried you can buy saline eyedrops for about £1.00 from a pharmacy and try and rinse the eye out...don't force it open though try and dribble a few drops over the eye..some will go in..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was talkin to a few people an there said put normal eye drops in his eye wod humans drop be to strong for my leo any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
depends what you mean by eyedrops most are the same..gentamicin does less damage to reps which is why i use it..but you need a prescription.. dont use chloromphenical as it is not good for reptiles. it will only help if the eye is infected though..did you try the saline eye drops? boiled water that has been left to cool will also work if put in a syringe and then dribbled over the eye..if it's still closed after rinsing it go to the vets...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah put a few drops in his eye but it is still closed was talkin to a reptile dealer an he seen my leo an said he had an infected eye an keep putin the drops in his eye three times a week put he dont seem 2 be getin better but prob takes time

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
keep it going, like you said, these things do take a while to make a difference

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
ooohhh STOP!!!!
unless your vet has told you to use it don't!! this is not good for their eyes..can make things worse...it is chloromphenical? and not some wash? if so STOP...it will not work properly and is not good for reps..go see a vet as they can give you the proper drops (you can only get these from a vet, you cannot buy them)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts