Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to the reptile secne and im planning on keeping a couple of leos soon and id like sum help with the viv set up so if you send pics of your vivs for leo that would be a great help!
:D
Thanks Alot

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also what groud cover is best ive been tolf to have have sand and have slate peeice is this true ar is there some thing better to use?

·
Registered
34 Posts
it really depends how old your leos will be. for example hatchlings and young leos are usually kept on kitchen roll....mine are older leos and i keep them on corn cob granules because if eaten they are easily digestible and dont block the leo's gut!! theres a range to choose from...

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
there is a lot of debate on here about keeping your leos on sand because of impaction happening.some think its rubbish and some are dead against sand just in case.i used to keep my leo on reptile sand wich isnt calcium based like calci-sand.this is strongly not advised as your leos will seak out sourses of calcium if they dont have enough in their diet so they (sometimes)will eat the sand maybe causing impaction.I never had a problem on sand but i did recently change all my 9 vivs to using kitchen roll and its so much easyier to clean and maintain then sand.i think my leos prefer it too as they seem a lot happyer in their vivs now.I would advise using kitchen roll as i wouldnt ever go back but then certain people prefer things that suit them better so best thing to do is just see what you and your animals like best.you can alwasy replace what ever you do decide on if you dont like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts