1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
324 Posts
Bless they are lovely, I know they can live for years but did you say 11 years old??? How did you come by to rescue the poppets??? My three adults are only two years old, and how I got into the poppets was last March when our friend's daughter was sick of George - now I have George, Georgette and Geralidine plus two babies that hatched (Grumps and Gina). Geraldine is very dark, but has huge adorable eyes, so babies next year will be stunners!!!! Would love to hear the story behind your rescue and hope it was a happy one!!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a lovely guy on here who is moving needed to re home and was local to me so i took them in.

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
great looking leos

they can live for 15 plus years !

talking of rescues and rehomes, been a busy one for me today

Rescued 2 royals and a king snake at the request of the police, prob going back real soon for the beardies, leos, torts, and all the other stuff, and RSPCA taking in the birds.

Belive it or not, these birds and snakes were roaming the flat freely !!, no heat or anything, one poor corn had been attacked by the 10 puppies roaming in their own mess. The owner? he was away on holiday, his sister called the police on him, good thing too !

Also rehomed 2 great corns, poor woman had them for years as a kid, but now she is working just dont have the time for them. came with all the gear and well looked after.

Just goes to show the two sides !!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
liking the leopard geckos Ceiron...

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
May not have cost anything, but two guys, 4 hours, 70 mile round trip, and upteen phone calls, all at the drop of a hat on a sunday morning.

Not to mention the work that is needed to bring them back to full health, they aint to bad, but underweight and some old shed left.

Still, i do agree that it can be a good way to get new animals for a low cost, but to be honest, I would rather there were no rescues.

Why not join a local club, that way you can get involved in the rescues yourself ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
purejurrasic said:
May not have cost anything, but two guys, 4 hours, 70 mile round trip, and upteen phone calls, all at the drop of a hat on a sunday morning.

Not to mention the work that is needed to bring them back to full health, they aint to bad, but underweight and some old shed left.

Still, i do agree that it can be a good way to get new animals for a low cost, but to be honest, I would rather there were no rescues.

Why not join a local club, that way you can get involved in the rescues yourself ?
yeah i know what you mean

i do some rescuing myself, not as much as i used to as i cant afford massive vet bills currently so have to be more selective but help where i can

some rescues are unavoidable though, like owners dying, getting ill etc ..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Good on you guys, if I had more experience and hubby would let me, I would do the same. Let me know if you are successful on the royals, I love the awkward critters, I have two my self.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Beautiful normals. I'm after a couple like that, but want to breed them as the true normals are quite scarce these days.

Make sure they have a large moist hide or 1 each as it looks like they are missing some claws on the front toes. Poor girls :(

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah a few skin problems here and there but the huge white tub u can see si full of wet moss.lol

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Just a quick update on the rest of the reps purejurasic was talking about, i am on Wednesday meeting the RSPCA inspectors at the local (to where the rescues took place) police station to attend the premises where the animals are being kept, apparently he also has horses and more dogs at the other premises

When i attended the premises on sunday i was shocked, i have been rescuing for over 20 years now and seen some bad situations but this one was really bad.

There were two large and two smaller mackaws flying around the livingroom and kitchen, there were five but the dogs ate one!!

In the "reptile room" there were quite a few glass tanks, none had fitting lids, just planks of wood resting on top, none had independant light or heat, the only heat source coming from a huge bulb hanging above a cannabis plant.
there were two 3-4 ft royals and a six foot bull snake loose in the room which were siezed (on permission from the sister) as there were no secure tanks to put them in, all the tanks had old dead food lying in the bottom along with shed skin and other lumps of dark matter.
There was also a half eaten milk snake that we can only presume that the dogs had got to as well
the total animals seen on the day were
2 royals siezed
1 king snake seized
2 rat snakes
1 Coral ? snake
2 tarantulas
4 newts
3 leos (MBD)
3 beardies
3 hermans torts
4 mackaws
7 dogs of varying ages
2 degus
6 budgies
1 dead milk snake

I will give you an update after wednesdays visit

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Nice leo's loving the color :D.They could be the start of a melanistic project there already a grate head start with there coloring.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah they just normals, just with a lot of dark colouring to them

at 11 are too old to breed imo, they just gonna have a nice relaxing life now.lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts