Reptile Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a female gecko around 14 months old that always wants to come out. she is always at the glass almost waiting for me :S. so i checked through the ovious and her temperature IS correctly set as i thought this might be the culpret as the outside is cooler. she lives on her own and is a healthy looking gecko. she also has had a loss of interest in food in the past few weeks. she eats but about half as much. she is not impacted as she is pooping fine ( i think this means there not impacted anyway ). how do i check for parasites ?!? ( slightly going off topic :2thumb:) so yeh i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the wanting to come out all the time bit. :)

Thanks

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,597 Posts
Hi Sean - welcome. She is just a very friendly girl and likes the company / stimulation of being out. Faecal tests can be done by your vet or by PALS - Pinmore Animal laboratory Services - there are a few threads about them but you really need to know how to interpret the results - I use them myself and they are very good. Leos don't eat as much once they are adults so as long as she is not losing weight and looks bright and alert I would not worry about the feeding issue too much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts