Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS PLANNING TO BREED MY LEO'S NEXT YEAR, BUT EGG LAYING THIS YEAR HAS MADE THEM TOO THIN TO BREED, EVEN IF THEY PUT ON WEIGHT OVER THE WINTER. I HAVE A TRIO OF 1 MALE AND 2 FEMALES, AND I PLAN TO SEPARATE THEM NEXT YEAR TO PREVENT BREEDING. I HAVE READ DIFFERENT THINGS ABOUT SEPARATING THEM. MY QUESTION IS;

WOULD MY MALE LEO BE LONELY ON HIS OWN FOR A YEAR?

SHOULD I GET HIM A COMPANION? :?

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
To be honest, a season of egg laying can take it out of a gecko, but not to the extent that they cant/wont put it back on.

Of course, as you suggest, seperate them, then make sure you are using all the right supliments, and feed them both up. a few months of good eating and they should pile on the gramms.

Just dont try breeding them too soon. If they are really thin, are you sure that its just the egg laying that caused it? have they been eating well, and if so, how well. Do you use supplements at the moment.

How old are they, what weights were they b4 breeding this year, and now?

As for your male, no, he wont get lonely. Just make sure you interact with them all and they should be fine

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
like pure jarrasic says...dont be to worid about him being on his own.I have 2 adult males that live in their own vivs an i actually think they prefer it as they get the best choice of who gos on the heat mat and whos hide is whos.dont wory they will be fine. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
breed

do you breed gecks? i tried last year, but all the eggs went mouldy.
they appeared fertile, and were kept at the correct temperature. i tried them in both sphagnum moss and vermiculite.

what do you suggets for next time??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts