Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jiniwin has been doing this for a while now, she keeps digging up the kitchen towel in her cool end and I have no idea why. Any ideas?

Also, Ive had her since August and she is getting too big for her faunarium, I have seen a 36inch square viv, will that be big enuf for her when she is fully grown?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Jiniwin has been doing this for a while now, she keeps digging up the kitchen towel in her cool end and I have no idea why. Any ideas?

Also, Ive had her since August and she is getting too big for her faunarium, I have seen a 36inch square viv, will that be big enuf for her when she is fully grown?

How old is she? Has she ever been with a male? The reason I ask is because they do this when looking for somewhere to lay eggs.

What are your warm & cool temps?

36 inches is 3 foot which is very big for a single leopard gecko.

A 2x1x1 is the average size vivarium for a single adult : victory:

·
Funkygeckos.webs.com
5,359 Posts
Do you keep her and your male together? Or have they been introduced to each other at all?
If not, then she`s probably just re-arranging her viv to suit her taste! New year, fresh start and all that ;)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Put some sand in, see how she gets on

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm could this be the Virgin Mary in disguise? Coz she hasn't been with a male lol. And she is only about 5 months old lol.

She looks fine, as in no sign of eggs etc, eating well and shedding well.

I think the viv im looking at is 1.5ft square, so like a cube lol.

·
Registered
752 Posts
probibly just digging, some of mine do it now and then, males as also?....they just like teariing up the viv....

·
Funkygeckos.webs.com
5,359 Posts
At 5 months it`s nigh on impossible for her to be pregnant or have a phantom pregnancy. As I said, she`s just letting you know what she thinks of her decor! Nah, it`s natural ate - most (nearly all) leos do it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh good, I'll stop telling her off then lol.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
maybe it needs a poop, but its a big one so it needs its dignity.

its a possibility

1 - 12 of 12 Posts