Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have been looking after leopard geckos for about two years and have never had any problems with them until now. Since around march i have not seen my six year old female Leo eat. Obviously she must have eaten in that time period but i had not observed her doing so. Recently she has started to lose weight and her tail has definitely gotten smaller along with her body. She resides with one other female leopard gecko in a vivarium, this Leo is around 5 and slightly bigger than her. There is no sign of bullying and they are very kind to each other from what i can see. They have been together for about a year and have had no problems. I have tried everything to get her to eat, turning up and down temperature, giving small amounts of wax worms, separating the two for a day or two and she shows no apparent signs of parasites. If someone could please offer some help it would be most appreciated, Thank you. Ethan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure if it is ovulation as she shows no signs of eggs, but i will consider taking her to the vets in the upcoming week. Also Stephen when i separated them she still showed no sign of an increased appetite so i am still not sure it is the other lizard bullying her.

·
Super Moderator
16,546 Posts
They need to be separated for more than a day or two though. I would take the other one out and put her in her own vivarium and leave this one in the existing vivarium so as not to cause her anymore stress by moving her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Stephen , I will separate them either today or tomorrow and will reply in about a week with progress hopefully.

·
Super Moderator
9,488 Posts
Have to agree with Stephen the separation needs to be longer for any noticeable changes. They are solitary by nature and shouldn't really be housed together. If no change then get back to us or perhaps get her checked by a vet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts