Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My leo is eating still but has not been to the toilet for a few days. What can I do to help him poo? Any help would be appreciated. He is just going into shed.

:welcome:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi welcome to rfuk :welcome: can I ask what substrate you are using?? I'm no expert by any means but that is usually the first thing asked when someone asks about this subject...mainly to eliminate impaction as a problem...other than that my leo always alters her day to day routine when she's about to shed...doesn't eat as much and doesnt poo for a few days and apparently they are all different...some go everyday some not....anyway as I said I'm not an expert but I'm sure someone will be along soon who is...:2thumb:

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
My leo is eating still but has not been to the toilet for a few days. What can I do to help him poo? Any help would be appreciated. He is just going into shed.

:welcome:
how often leos poop depends really on how often, how much they're eating and even temps ~ some of my adults only mess around twice a week whilst my younger leos will mess nearly every day.
So long as the hot-end floor temps are good and the leos healthy I would not worry overly and wouldn't try making him to poop unless you have concerns about possible impaction (ie: loose substrate)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Try putting him on kitchen roll or newspaper so that if he does do his business it will be easier for you to notice, so long as he seems active and is still eating and like SleepyD said temps are important to help thermoregulation and digestion. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thanks for the information guys. My leo is housed on lino flooring so no risk of impaction really. He normally goes to the toilet every day though so thats why I'm a bit worried. He is also a juvenile around 5 months old. :blush:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I would say your best best in this case would to give him a lovely bath :)
It will relax his muscles as with any reptile and will help him poop :)

Reactions: Lezbatt
1 - 6 of 6 Posts