Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Im going to purchase 2 leopard geckos after christmas and i am just hoping someone can point me in the right direction of some (not crazily expansive) plastic tubs which i can house them in (Links Please). (Like tubs for racks, preferably big enough to keep an adult Leopard Gecko in). I will be getting 2 leopard geckos and will hope to breed from them in years to come. Im quite unsure of if the plastic will melt or not so please comment when you leave a link. Thank you so much.
JoeyBoi
x: victory:
P.s - i live in the UK so no .com sites please, thank you! And also, feel free to leave pics of your leopard geckos, i am still unsure of the morphs i am hoping to get but i am swaying on mac snow, super snows and blizzards. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hi there,

Lots of people use R.U.B.s (Really useful Boxes). You need a 50L one really. Argos used to do these, or here is the online link

Go Shopping - Really Useful Boxes - 50 litre Really Useful Box

I would be weary about keeping two together...2 males will fight, as may 2 females, and its cruel to keep one female with one male as he will stress her and overbreed. RUBS are cheap enough to have a tub each if you really want 2 geckos. I stick a heat mat to the bottom and drill some vetilation holes ito the RUBS.

Sarah

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,597 Posts
Agree with Sarah. And a big welcome :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there,

Lots of people use R.U.B.s (Really useful Boxes). You need a 50L one really. Argos used to do these, or here is the online link

Go Shopping - Really Useful Boxes - 50 litre Really Useful Box

I would be weary about keeping two together...2 males will fight, as may 2 females, and its cruel to keep one female with one male as he will stress her and overbreed. RUBS are cheap enough to have a tub each if you really want 2 geckos. I stick a heat mat to the bottom and drill some vetilation holes ito the RUBS.

Sarah
Thank You so much:notworthy:, i wansnt planning on having them both in the same tub by the way. do you think 2 of these tanks (1 for each) would be ok.
Go Shopping - Really Useful Boxes - 24.5 litre Really Useful Box
thank you x

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
whereabouts in the UK are you?

·
Registered
13,796 Posts
you can use one heatstrip under both on the same stat,

think that box is maybe not tall enough? wont you need more room to put the hides etc in ( my leos like to sit on theirs )

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o yea lol, well i have no idea then because i dont want a 50 litre 1 it has to be 2ft long or less as it needs to sit on my beardies viv. so around 32litres at the most. any ideas??
Joeyboi : victory:

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
i live near yate/bristol. y?
if you were near Preston i've got the perfect thing.. a black ash contiboard tub rack with 3 42 litre conticos and 2 4ltr conticos for hatchlings.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Go to Tesco Extra in Bradley Stoke (big shop) Look around in the hom apartment, there's lots of rubs for cheap mate!. And look on this site www.speckled-gecko.co.uk there in Bradley stoke, really nice breeders!.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts