Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at my animal care job, we recently created a bioactive vivarium (~200 gallons) that was home to a tangerine male (very stereotypical tangerine) who unfortunately is afflicted with stargazing, as well as a female (I don’t know her morph but she’s grey with black freckles). I unfortunately don’t have any pictures of these two. They hadn’t ever successfully bred in their previous enclosure, and I was going through a move so I brought my female over to hang out in this kick a$$ enclosure during the transition. I want to know her morph (I’ve been told tremper albino but she doesn’t look albino to me) She’s pictured below:
Cloud Blue Toy Sky Wood

So my first question is what morph is she?

But to make things more interesting, after a few months there she suddenly stopped eating and got really skinny. I got worried and took her home and she immediately fattened up.
THEN a few weeks ago we found 2 babies!!!
Hand Purple Plant Blue Petal

Hand Purple Plant Gesture Violet

All the evidence pointed to my female as the mother but then we found a third today!! Identical to the striped one. Knowing a clutch of 3 is nearly impossible, did both females successfully reproduce with the tangerine? Which female goes with which babies? Any help would be welcome. Sorry for no pictures of the other two adults.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Leopard geckos lay 2 eggs at a time, but will do so every 4 weeks or so. So it depends on the time scales.

Pics of all the adults may help work out parentage but it is most likely impossible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leopard geckos lay 2 eggs at a time, but will do so every 4 weeks or so. So it depends on the time scales.

Pics of all the adults may help work out parentage but it is most likely impossible
The male (known father) looks almost exactly like this:
Reptile Organism Scaled reptile Lizard Terrestrial plant

And the other female looks really similar to this:
Vertebrate Reptile Organism Lizard Scaled reptile

Even if parentage is almost impossible to determine, any idea what my female’s morph is? Here’s another picture of her:
Iguania Reptile Wood Lizard Scaled reptile

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The male (known father) looks almost exactly like this:
View attachment 355471
And the other female looks really similar to this:
View attachment 355472

Even if parentage is almost impossible to determine, any idea what my female’s morph is? Here’s another picture of her:
View attachment 355473
Second image posted is an enigma which often have neurological issues (stargazing you mentioned).
Third image posted is a tremper albino

So at my animal care job, we recently created a bioactive vivarium (~200 gallons) that was home to a tangerine male (very stereotypical tangerine) who unfortunately is afflicted with stargazing, as well as a female (I don’t know her morph but she’s grey with black freckles). I unfortunately don’t have any pictures of these two. They hadn’t ever successfully bred in their previous enclosure, and I was going through a move so I brought my female over to hang out in this kick a$$ enclosure during the transition. I want to know her morph (I’ve been told tremper albino but she doesn’t look albino to me) She’s pictured below: View attachment 354781

So my first question is what morph is she?

But to make things more interesting, after a few months there she suddenly stopped eating and got really skinny. I got worried and took her home and she immediately fattened up.
THEN a few weeks ago we found 2 babies!!!
View attachment 354782
View attachment 354783

All the evidence pointed to my female as the mother but then we found a third today!! Identical to the striped one. Knowing a clutch of 3 is nearly impossible, did both females successfully reproduce with the tangerine? Which female goes with which babies? Any help would be welcome. Sorry for no pictures of the other two adults.

The first baby image is also an enigma. The second is a tremper albino.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Second image posted is an enigma which often have neurological issues (stargazing you mentioned).
Third image posted is a tremper albino

The first baby image is also an enigma. The second is a tremper albino.
Here’s a picture of all three babies together:
Liquid Window Automotive lighting Fluid Amber

Would it be reasonable to assume that the two striped came from my tremper albino female and the other baby came from the enigma female?

Also interestingly enough, it’s not the enigma female who star gazes but the tangerine male (who sired all three babies). Hopefully the babies don’t share that fate.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The striping/banding is just a baby pattern, this will break up into spots as they age.

One of the parents has to be enigma to produce an enigma. However enigma animals can produce normal offspring, and albinos can be hatched from visually normal (but het albino) adults, so it is difficult to say.

The tangerine male could be enigma, as the photo provided is not the actual animal I can't say either way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.