Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting some leos in a few months time or so; perhaps longer; but was wondering what would be the best morphs to get hold of.

I am more into snakes, namely royals; so instead of getting for example a spider and a pastel I would rather get a bumblebee...

So if you see what I mean; without knowing lots about leopard gecko morphs I don't want to get a couple of morphs when I could have a co-dom.

Sorry for the poor explaination...!

I kept some a few years ago; 0.2 normals, a leucistic female and a blizzard male. So I have a reasonable knowledge of their husbandry etc; just not too up on morphs, especially the higher end ones.

I would be looking to breed when I get some, so want to take my time to buy some really decent morphs.

I like the look of nearly all of them though, so will be getting some of the lower end cheaper ones too.

I get all confused with the more intricate morphs etc so would need these explaining. I know an albino is an albino, a snow is a snow etc...but what are the mixed morphs which form new morphs (e.g - pastel and spider = bumblebee in royals)...?

Is the Enigma a morph in itself or a mix of other morphs etc?

Any other morphs anyone would like to explain to me would be much appreciated.

many thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
I loveeeee mack snows so i would always tell people to get them =P

·
Registered
575 Posts
I know an albino is an albino
Yes i agree an albino is an albino but its not you see because there are differing types of albinos available for example the bell albino and the tremper albino. A good site i often have a look at is leopardgecko.com owned and run by Ron Tremper he's got a fair few different morphs on there with explanations on them but he generally only has the morphs on there that he produces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts